Agony

Sara:

Even though Cal now knows the truth about Mare, we must find a way to keep it a secret. Mare is still fast asleep and I encourage her to enjoy her slumber because it will be some time before she gets an opportunity like this again. 

How can she still be alive? Everything on the monitor marks that her health is increasingly getting better. What about the baby? "Julian I need your help." He comes as quickly as possible at a frantic pace. We make eye contact and it is as if our thoughts sync and we are thinking the same thoughts. "What's wrong?" His face retorts to an expression of worry and his breath becomes uneasy. My mind races, what exactly is wrong, think think think Sara what is wrong?

The baby. OF course! It's a hybrid of newblood and a silver who knows what its powers are. "I think that the baby is the one healing Mare." His eyes widen not in despair, but in bewilderment in unbelief that a fetus could have such extraordinary power. "Quickly Sara, then figure out if that is to be true."

Mare Barrow is a strong person, but she is not strong enough to survive her injuries our theory proves to be augmented in reason. My hands begin to run cold, my forehead filled with so many thoughts and theories that it becomes blank. "Cal, the baby it seems to be healing Mare," the comment seems to snap him back into reality. His warm toned eyes  become effervescent with hope. "Do you believe that they will both get out of this alive?" 

"I don't know."

CAL:

She is going to live or so the healers believe. I am so relieved I am not losing her... Now I can focus on killing the one that almost took everything from me. 

Running through the palace hallways, through the cobblestone paths set in the gardens Maven and I were playing tag. "Run Mavey! You only have until I reach three! 1...2...3... Here I come!" My stubby legs lunge forward and into the green maze of vines. 

"Mom please stop! Mom, I'm sorry I'll stop, just don't go into my head!" It was Mavey, his evil mother, is correcting something she finds wrong in my brother. Blank, blank, blank don't think about anything and she won't know you're here. I can't help but keep observing the abuse of Elara on my brother, I want to tell father but he won't do anything.

"From now on Maven you will not play tag with Cal, he is not your REAL brother, so stop treating him like so. You are not allowed to play with him, joke with him or love him." I can't help it and I gasp. Elara's iced eyes meet mine and like slicing a piece of cake she slips into my mind and takes control of my body. "Help! Maven! Fath..." She shuts me up, commanding my legs to step one in front of the other until I reach her... that's all I can recall after she died.

I love my brother, I hate him, I detest him, but he is my brother the only family I had left until Mare came into my life. I know deep down I still love him. I know that when I am face to face with him I won't kill him. Even though, I am deep into my thoughts I can still hear the faint sound of ruffling within the sheets I turn to Mare, she is slowly opening her eyes unveiling her chocolate brown eyes. She grins softly for a mere second before she begins to panic. I hold her into a tight grasp, hoping it'll keep her calm. It works but then she breaks down crying. I'm not good at this.

Mare:

I am in a dark room, where there are no windows no doors, but I feel someone in here with me and I have no idea what it is. Last thing I remember is being attacked, getting stabbed and dying. Hold up, I died? Something shifts in the corner a shadow complimenting the figure of a human body. "Mare?" My eyes brighten, my lungs stop breathing, my mind racing to catch up with the thoughts running in my head. "Shade? Is that you?" He seems to step out of the corner to a single ray of light. His grin turns into a gigantic smile he runs up to me and hugs me so tightly that I might just faint.

"What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be here." The last part sounding more angry than empathetic. "I don't know, last thing I remembered is getting stabbed by Maven then me crying for my baby and dying? I'm not sure." He separates himself from the hug and immediately tells me to get out of here, "You need to leave the reason I'm in here with you means that you still have time to get out of here." There was a side of me that was relieved that I could get out of here, but there was another side of me that just wanted to die I had been through enough the Scarlet Guard would be better off without me trying to lead them. Cal would take the throne, marry Evangeline and have many babies... My baby is probably dead. I have nothing to go back to. Gisa, mom, dad, Tram, and Bree are safer if I'm dead. 

"Wait, did you say your baby? Something you want to tell me?" I fall into tears,"I had a baby I think it died I was still pregnant." He smiles, the smile I had been missing it makes me feel reassured. "Your baby is still alive, which means you have to stay alive for it to survive. While you're at it tell Farley and Clara that I love them more than they could ever imagine." And with that he vanishes. The room turns and twists into nothingness, everything is white. 

I slowly open my eyes, the room is too bright. Right next to me I see Cal, I smile for a brief second until a wave of pain comes over me sending me into full on panic mode.  He holds onto me so tight it reminds me of the last hug Shade gave to me. Tears start streaming down my entire face. I am a total mess, but that doesn't stop Cal from embracing me...

And with this chapter I conclude the story, midway through this chapter I realized that it had been too long and I wasn't as invested as finishing it as I was at first when starting it. I really hope that you guys enjoy it and forgive me for ending it so abruptly. Have a great summer and I definitely will keep writing other stuff... Thank you for reading!