Cal

Hey Guys, I have been updating lots lately because well... school is starting and I won't be able to be updating everyday. Sorry about the short chapters too.

Obsessed to accomplish my "getting back together" with Mare, I rush down the dimly-lit halls of the Samos' House. I spot Farley, and right when she sees me she glares. Her eyes burrowing into mine. I almost wince at her stare, but I keep my mask on and I don't let it crack. 

"What do you want 'your highness,'" She spits.

"Have you seen Mare? I need to talk to her." I say my voice sounding much more desperate that I intend it.

"I wouldn't tell you," refusing to help me.

I stare at her, looking at her blue eyes, they remind me of Maven. I feel the anger and desperation showing up in my eyes. Together, in the staredown Farley does not seem intimidated. Off, in the distance I hear a scream. Uncertain, at first, I ignore it. But, the second that I analyze the voice I realize that the person screaming is Mare. Farley must have realized the same thing because when I turn back to look at her she is already sprinting off.

I choose to follow her. When making my way through the hallways I find Sara and Julian, quickly and quietly, I tell Sara to wait in Mare's quarters. Wide-eyed Julian follows Sara.

I reach the outside and it is freezing and dark. The moon is full, as I am panicking my flesh manages to heat up with anger or frustration I don't know. I follow the hollow sound into the woods and see her laying on the ground, full of new bruises and scratches. I look around the woods, as Farley tends Mare medically. Finally, I take my poor love, I cup her cheek in my hand. I feel tears fill my eyes, I cannot believe I let her get hurt again. I am sure now that my skin is on embers of blue fire. Carefully, I pick Mare up and run to Sara.