Mare

Hope y'all are enjoying these chapters.

"Mare? Mare? Can you see me?" 

Faintly, I can barely hear anything and see. I groan.

"What happened?" I ask dreading for sleep.

As soon as I ask that it all came back to me. The woods, Maven, running, fainting and nothing else. I am frightened that Maven might've gotten to me, so as quickly as I can I call for my lightning. 

"No need for that Mare its Sara and Julian."

As soon as I hear Sara's voice my body shakes, my purple sparks go back into my flesh and I start sobbing. I suddenly feel the comfort of an all too familiar warmth. I open my eyes and see Cal. I almost want to hold his face, gaze into his warm eyes and place my lips into his. But, I remember what he did and all my desires go away. He realizes my sudden change in feelings, but he keeps the all too familiar smile, that is his way of telling me that everything is going to be all right.

Sara, then says that she needs to tell me something very important and dismisses Cal and Julian. I don't see Farley, she must be in a Scarlet Guard meeting. I glance at Cal's back, and as if he felt my gaze he looks back at me with his eyes expressing empathy.

I immediately turn to Skonos, and her eyes are sincere they match her smile. Then, she touches my shoulder like if she was going to tell me that I was going to die. 

"What?" I want to know the news.

Sara glances back at the door and looks around the room and she finally looks back at me her eyes sorry.

"Mare, Cal told me to meet you here. I wasn't sure what had happened, but once you got here you were very injured. So, I started healing you as quickly as I could and I found out something."

"What is it Sara?"

Sara hesitates to tell me and she can't make eye contact with me. I start worrying, my lips start trembling. Oh god, she's going to tell me that I am going to die. Why God, I just got rejected, I just got attacked great. Just gre-

"You're pregnant."

My jaw drops. I feel the blood from my head drain. 

"A-a-are you sure?"

"Yes, now I'm going to leave and tell everyone else that you are fine and that they can come in. You don't have to tell them Mare, but you need someone to be here with you an-"

"I don't want to see Julian yet. I just want to see Cal, he deserves to know."

"Okay."

Still, in shock, I wonder and contemplate. Should I tell him?

The door opens and the father of my baby walks in...