Twelve.

Warning: language

"You brat, you were supposed to take her out not take her life!!! What were you even thinking, huh?!" shouted a woman from a distance. Or was it really that far away? My ears felt like they had honey in them so it was hard to tell.
Opening my eyelids was impossible because of how heavy they felt so I concentrated on listening to my surroundings though that was a hard process as well because my body was on the brink of slipping into unconsciousness the entire time.
The voices mumbled something again but comprehending what they were saying was, just like everything else, impossible because my brain was just mush in this state.

"You better pray for your life because if we don't manage to save her legs your going to lose it. Are we clear? Now get away before I change my mind and kill you anyway."

Finally something I could hear again and I wanted to laugh at the person that was being threatened but at the same time I wasn't sure if I understood the rest correctly.
What did they mean by saving my legs? I didn't feel any pain so they must've been alright, right?
Why and how was all of this even happening? My brain was still way too clouded to think clearly or remember where I was or what was happening.

"Take this one into surgery immediately. We can't afford to lose a valuable resource... Why are you still standing around?! Go! Now! Or do you want to end up like that stupid brat?"

There was pressure on my arms and legs and a moment later the world started to sway again making me dizzy and nauseous.
While the world kept swaying, a couple of voices mumbled something though my brain couldn't grasp a thing they were saying let alone focus on the situation.
The next thing I felt was a jolt and for a short moment the world seemed to have stopped swaying until a loud noise started. The noise was unbearable and the vibrations underneath me slowly but surely gave me a headache. Finally something I could clearly distinguish and feel!
Whatever was happening was the most unpleasant thing I have felt in a very long time. The world was not swaying smoothly anymore but jerking left and right, up and down over and over again making me more and more nauseous until my stomach started to contract.
Still not being able to move, I could only helplessly feel acidic liquid pouring out of my mouth and nose. And then I couldn't breath.

'You fuckers, I'm suffocating! Help me!' I tried shouting those words again and again but nothing happened.
It was then that my brain realized there was a beeping noise that quickened its rhythm until the sound was drowned by a person shouting.

"She's vomiting! I need help turning her to the side!"
The world swayed again and I kept vomiting from the still lingering nausea. The liquids flowed again and I felt my mouth and nose emptying slowly though it wasn't fast enough.
"We need suction!" shouted the voice.
After my nose and mouth cleared up again there was pressure around my mouth and nose. An oxygen mask probably.
The world jerked up and down again making me hit my head on something and slip into unconsciousness.

-

"There are several bullets stuck in her bones. Two in the left fibula[2] , one in the left femur[1] one almost completely shattered her right patella[3] and three are in the right femur and we have remains of bullets in her right gastrocnemius[4]." Someone said, his words muffled.

"How on earth are we going to save her legs? A miracle must happen for us to be successful and let's be real we can forget about that. We can say goodbye to our precious life already." mumbled another person.

"Honestly, I don't know. Call more surgeons because she'll start bleeding out as soon as we remove the bullets and we need all the hands we can get. Also call a neurosurgeon to try and save her nerves and don't forget the orthopedic surgeon for saving her bones. Tell them that we might need a lot of metal."