Three.

"And the next candidate is Vincesca Cultres!" Jeanine announced.

Vincesca got handed a knife which she took immediately to make the well known cut. Unlike everyone else, Vinnie didn't hesitate at all. Adrenaline prevented her from neither feeling the pain from the cut nor the pain from when she clenched her fist to let her blood fall into the chosen bowl.

"Dauntless!" exclaimed the leader followed by a loud cheer from the Dauntless faction.

While Vinnie rushed to her chosen faction, she looked back at her parents who actually clapped for their daughter, both of them having awe and pride written on their faces.

Vinnie was immediately given hugs and congrats when she reached her new family, one of them taking off her blue jacket and handing her a black jacket instead.

It didn't even take a minute for the Dauntless faction to exit the building and reach the train tracks after the ceremony had ended. Some of the new ones hesitated when they saw the members climbing up the tracks but for Vinnie it wasn't a problem at all. She read about all their rituals beforehand and knew that she would have to jump into a moving train and jump out of it later which only filled her with an even bigger rush of excitement.

She was excited about seeing her brother again and all the new challenges that awaited her and all the new friends she would make.

Of course it would have been an honor to join the Divergent faction because only one in 300 people were able to get in but Vinnie actually already made her decision two years ago when her brother chose the faction that truly belonged to him.

The group was now on the platform waiting for the train to appear in the distance.

"It's coming!" Vinnie shouted excitedly and started running towards the front where no other new member dared to stand because that's where the Dauntless born always were.

"In all my life, I've never seen a newbie so excited about being here." a guy with shoulder-long hair said while running next to her. "They usually shit their pants as soon as they see the tracks."

Vinnie just smiled at him, took hold of the train just like the dauntless born before her and hauled herself into it but landing not as elegantly as she had hoped.

"My name's Freyr by the way." the same guy said laughing while helping her up after he jumped in himself.

"Vinnie. You can call me Vinnie. Nice to meet you Freyr. I guess your parents must be huge fans of ancient preworld mythology?"

"Yep, you guessed it right." He said smiling while taking a seat next to her.

Vinnie didn't even notice how the time passed because she was on such an all time high. She just chose the most respected and unforgiving faction and managed to get into the train without any problems which made her feel like she was on top of the world and could do anything right now.

"Get ready!" a dark-skinned man shouted.

"Okay Vinnie," Freyr said, "you will have to prepare for a jump that might cost your life. Are you ready?"

"Freyr... it's nice of you to care about me that much but do you really think that I don't know about what's about to come? I'm ready for this. In fact I've been ready for a really long time now." Vinnie stated but before she finished her sentence, Freyr already jumped out of the train and landed like he did nothing else in life.

"Alright." she said and mimicked his actions after taking a deep breath.

The jump felt like it was in slow motion and anyone who looked at her would have laughed about the face she made or her oh so graceful landing but Vinnie couldn't care less because all of this only kept fueling her excitement and adrenaline rush.