Eight.

Warning: language

It was 6 o'clock when I glanced at my watch after I'd made myself ready for today's training session with Eric. The sun was already rising and the sun rays we're illuminating the apartment as well as myself making me feel happy and excited about the work out. Eric and I made so much progress after the first couple of days and we decided to go even further and try to beat our personal initiation record before the mission would start in a week. Just like the past couple of weeks, I made my way to the front door to go get breakfast when I saw an envelope on the dark floor at the door. As I curiously picked it up, I turned it but there was no name, no stamp to indicate which faction it was even from but I still decided to read it. The letter inside was not very big and only a few sentences decorated the blank paper.

"It takes more than just physical training to prepare for your dirty little secret to come out.
I'll make sure that you go down this time."

My mind went completely blank, my eyes wide with shock and my mouth completely dry as I read the words over and over again to understand what was standing there.
Someone knows.
Someone knows about me.
Someone knows about me and threatens to spill the secret.
I couldn't wrap my mind around the sentences because either my mind was still blank or because a million questions were forming all at once.
Who wrote this?
Who is that person?
How did that person even find out about it?
The only person that knew about my results was my brother and he is dead so he couldn't have possibly told anyone.
The thoughts were roaming around in my head as I made my way to the cafeteria and stuffed the note in my bra.
Someone knows.
Someone knows!
Someone somehow knows and is making sure that my secret won't be so secret anymore.

'Maybe it isn't even about me being divergent.' I tried telling myself as I put together my sandwich. 'Maybe it is about the first night after the work out a few weeks ago when I masturbated to the thought of Eric but nobody could've possibly found out about that.' Of course that would be very, very embarrassing but at least my life wouldn't be at stake! It is obviously not about that because the person wouldn't want me to go down for that, right? Nobody could've possibly found out about my loss of control in the shower but then again nobody could've found out about my results. There was no way! Frank made sure to leave no trace behind. He even showed me how he manipulated the program and he even typed in 'Dauntless' as the final result.

The sandwich and the coffee seemed to help because I noticed that I was able to form rational thoughts again as I thought about how to find out who it could be.

The person is obviously someone who doesn't approve of the Divergent. As I recalled the sentences in my head again I noticed a detail in the last sentence.
'I'll make sure that you go down this time.'
That someone had known my secret ever since the war against the sixth faction and they might have been the one who tried to kill me back then! There is a great possibility that this person is the same one who fired bullets at me all this time ago.

I was suddenly pulled out of my trance when someone stepped in front me and disrupted the path of my stare.

"I knew I'd find you here." It was Eric who didn't bother to sit down but now with his hands behind his back and his chest pushed out. His typical stance to prove his power. "Is everything ok? You're almost half an hour late." He asked when I didn't respond, still in deep thought.

"Ehm... yeah, sure. I was just..." I struggled to find a good reason and decided to pick up the tray and get rid of it to give me more time. Eric followed me but at least he couldn't see my nervous eyes.

"I was just thinking about the infirmary. I completely forgot to check if everything is alright there and it just worries me."

Eric nodded and we walked to his apartment in silence. He didn't say a word to me until we were far enough away from the few people in the cafeteria.