Seven.

<

<

The all too familiar sound of the alarm woke us up and surprisingly, I wasn't as tired as I expected to be though I was disoriented for a moment not remembering how I got into bed in the first place. It must've been Eric and I thanked him mentally.

None of us seemed to be tired, probably because we all experienced the greatest adrenaline rush of our lives so far.

It didn't take us very long and we were soon all gathered in the training hall and around the rings.

While I was waiting for my turn I saw Freyr and Eric standing next to Max, who was observing the scene from a raised spot at the side. My brother was in a crowd of older dauntless-born and by that it was clear that he would fight today as well because no one attended the final fight if they weren't a part of it.

"Vinnie versus Helen!" Max announced and we both stepped into the ring.

The expression Helen gave me now was the same one she gave me on the very first day when I took the bed before she could. There was rage in her eyes and I knew that she was one of the transfers that hated and despised me. It was a wonder that she was still in the program because her fighting skills were rather on the standard side.

I let her make the first move and immediately blocked her attack.

She was too predictable. She always made two steps forward, went for the throat first and then the right side by kicking. She didn't even come close to my throat because I gripped her arms but she still went for the kick which I successfully blocked. One twist was enough to bring her to the floor where I pinned her down.

Max demanded another round between us two but this time I made the first move and quickly knocked her out without taking a hit myself.

While two Dauntless dragged her off the ring and into the infirmary, I went back to stand among the initiates but it was only the dauntless-born who gave their congrats, the transfers being too intrigued.

Soon the second round started making me a little bit more nervous.

Freyr was the first one to fight against a transfer. He took off his shirt and tossed it on the ground while he approached the ring. It was a classic move of his. Taking his shirt off to distract the opponent with his trained muscles and intimidating looking tattoos. Even though the opponent was a little bit taller than Freyr, he looked like he would run off if he could but gained control over himself again and got ready.

He blocked the opponents move successfully but didn't end the fight without getting hit once or twice himself. The opponent ended up knocked out with a broken nose and again, the infirmary got another patient.

"Richard against Vinnie!"

I didn't know who Richard was nor what his skills were but he proved to be a tough opponent. He was very strong yet the execution of his attacks wasn't flawless. I managed to make him lose his balance but not without getting kicked here and there. One kick to the side of his foot and Richard started to wobble which was the perfect opportunity to bring him to the floor. From there on he never got back up again and we kept fighting for what felt like hours. A hit to the temple and he was disoriented. I immediately turned him so his face was on the floor and body locked him before I pressed a point in his neck that made him go unconscious.