"Let me go, please. I'll go away. I'll never come back," she sobbed, the tears falling from her swollen eyes.

When he dropped her, she hit hard concrete and her body shook with the force. 

"Hello, Luna," a familiar voice sneered, Rick coming out of the darkness into the faint light.

"So nice to see you where you belong. You really weren't cut out for this sort of business. A rogue, ruling a pack? I apologize, but I couldn't let that happen. But he showed you mercy. I would have preferred you were publicly killed and sent back to your people in pieces," as he spoke, his words dripping with venom, he walked around her slowly, a long, thin object in his hands.

She knew what it was.

A pure silver whip used on rogues for interrogation purposes. But it was Rick so she was sure that wasn't all it was used for.

"What did I do?" She whispered, her voice filled her desperation, broken.

"Oh, you didn't do anything. Your father did. And when you came across our land, we were in our right to extinguish you. But Vincent, he knew who you were. His mate. So he left. For ten years and then he came for you. But you see, it isn't that easy. You bare the markings of a rogue. The mark on your hip."

Instinctively she reached for it. It was a swirl of sorts and had an L in the middle. It was far too intricate to be an ordinary birthmark but she never really paid attention to it. She figured it was a weird accident of sorts.

"Yes, little rogue. Your father marked you so that everyone would know you were rogue. See, he's a Alpha. But a rogue Alpha. Which means he doesn't follow any rules, and controls his pack through anarchy. He is a tyrant and I can't let you rule this pack with that sort of upbringing in your head."

As he ranted he continued to circle her and when he finished, the whip came forward and slashed through her shirt.

Her screams ripped through the air and she was sure they could hear her up there. Vincent watched with a stoic look, completely unaffected. He didn't come forward to help but he didn't hurt her.

He only watched.

And somehow, that made it worse.

Rick's hits were violent and each swing of the whip ripped into her skin, dug in, and then pulled free. Her screams went on, echoing and filling the air until she couldn't anymore and all she could do was groan occasionally.

The blood had soaked her shirt and her skin was covered in sweat from the strength it took not to collapse.

When he done, he tossed the whip aside and grabbed her hair, pulling her to feet. She was far too weak to protest but she did manage to spit in his face as he walked her toward Vincent.

Eye to eye, she could see herself. Her cheeks were drained of color and tear-stained. Her dark hair was nearly black with dirt and her shirt was all but torn apart.

"Vince," her voice broke and her knees buckled but Rick kept her up by her arm and hair.

She saw something flicker in him. A light. His hazel eyes appeared more golden than usual and they were pitch black toward the middle, around the pupil. 

"Get her cleaned up," he growled and turned away.

"What?! Vincent-"

"I am the Alpha! Call me by my name again and you'll be her cellmate." 

And then he was gone.

Rick growled but did as told and dragged her up the stairs. When they reached the main floor the light pierced her eyes and she winced.

It was dark outside but she wasn't sure how late. Rick was quick to pull her down the hall, her blood dripping down her back, the deep cuts riddling her entire back with pain. He shoved her in a small room, one made for Omegas.

There was only a twin-sized bed, a nightstand and a lamp.

He locked her in, his footsteps heavy. 

Her body fell onto the bed, shaking with pain. What she had been able to feel of her wolf was gone like mist.

It was as if she were a mere human. Which made her wonder if she would die. The cuts were so deep and wolves barely survived it. A human would surely succumb to the wounds.

She wanted to.

No one would rescue her. No one would dare go against the Alpha or the Beta.

Her eyes drifted to a close and she hoped not to wake up.

Because being alive would be far more painful.