It's a Fine Day

I wake up with my nose feeling stuffy, and I feel like crying. Real hard.

Since when was there a blanket on me?

I take the blanket off and a chill goes down my spine. Everything is so dark. No lights on. No nothing.

Just how I like it.

I slept during the afternoon, so it's nighttime now. I get up from the couch and turn on a lamp that's next to me. It brights up the living room which satisfies me. It's not a glowing white, but a nice yellow tint.

I turn to my right and see..

Connor?

He's asleep. I think?
His LED is still blue, so he's not in distress or anything like that.

I quietly walk to my dad's room and open the door. He's still asleep. At least he's not hurt.

I close the door slowly, trying not to make so much noise that I'll wake him up.

I walk back to the living room and turn to Connor who's still asleep, if that's even the right word, on my dad's favorite chair.

I slowly creep towards him and stare down at him, feeling bad. He looks real cramped on the chair..

I then think,

How heavy is he?

Am I really thinking about carrying him to the couch? I could just y'know wake him up.

I kneel down a bit and slowly try to slip my hand under his back and my other hand on his neck. I pull up, bracing myself if he's too heavy, but..

He's not even that heavy.

I can surprisingly hold him. I proceed to lift him up and move him to the couch.

I grab a blanket for him and slowly rest it on top of his body.

I sit down on the floor next to him.

I hear little bangs outside, that suddenly turn into rain.

The rain is so calming..

I feel like listening to music, but I remember that my phone is dead, and if I turn on the record player I'll wake up everyone in the house.

So I decide to hum to myself.

"It's a fine day,"

...

"People open windows,"

...

"They leave their houses just for a short while,"

I notice Connor's LED suddenly chimes yellow for a second.

I scoot closer to him, looking at his face, noticing small details I've never seen before.

"They walk by the grass, and they sit on the grass,"

Connor's LED changes back to its original blue.

I can't help but.. Smile.

"They look at the sky.."

...

"It's going to be a fine night tonight.. It's going to be a fine day tomorrow.."

Thunder strucks in the background from far away.

I suddenly place my hand on his cheek, not wanting to cry anymore.

My vision gets blurry again.

Tired already?

I sigh, getting up from the floor and turning off the lamp that lit up the room.

I turn to Connor once more,

And smile.

I walk to my room and close the door behind me. I get into bed, and sleep peacefully.