Connor's Pajamas

We step inside the house, Connor still holding me. He closes the door behind us. The house is dark, but there are a few lamps that have been left on. Both me and Connor look at each other, sharing the same idea to go look into my dad's room.

"I just hope he isn't hurt.. or worse," Connor says.

We walk in a crooked way, as Connor still holds on to me.

"I'm sure he's fine. He probably just had too much to drink and went to bed. It is very late, y'know."

I know my words won't comfort Connor, at least not as much as I want them to.

"You might be right," Connor suggests. "He hasn't been as reckless as he used to be ever since he adopted you."

"You really think so?" I ask.

He's just saying that to be nice, isn't he?

I mean, maybe..

...

No, I've been nothing but trouble for my dad.

And Connor, too.

Connor and I make our way to the outside my dad's room. The door is closed, so maybe he really is asleep.

"Of course I think so." Connor says.

He reaches for the doorknob and turns it. He peers inside the room.

"Hank?" He calls out.

I kick the door open a little, showing me inside the room.

My dad's asleep on his bed, bottle in hand.

"Tch, he looks like Sumo," I comment.

Connor lets out a small giggle as he closes the door quietly. Still holding onto me, he takes me to my room. He leads me to my bed and sits me down on it. He goes to turn on the lights.

"Are you able to get out of your clothes?" He asks.

I rub my eyes, wanting to fall asleep as soon as I'm able to.

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

The lights suddenly turn on, and I see Connor slightly smiling at me.

It's kinda.. goofy.

I let out a little chuckle as I cover my mouth with one hand and look away.

"Huh? What's so funny?" Connor asks.

"Nothing, nothing," I say, trying my best to stop myself from laughing anymore. I inhale, then exhale, finally collecting myself and looking back to Connor.

"Sorry, I just thought of something funny," I say.

Connor smiles again, now looking a little..

Cute?

"No need to apologize for enjoying yourself. I'll see myself out. Have a nice night, (y/n)!" Connor turns around and begins walking out of my room.

"Huh? Connor!" I call out, still trying to be a little quiet as to not wake up my dad.

Connor turns around with a questioning look on his face.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

He clamps his hands together, "I was just going to sleep on the couch. Perhaps go for a little walk later."

I scoff, "This late in the night you were going to go for a walk?"

Connor shrugs, not knowing what to say.

I get up from my bed, feeling better enough to walk around again.

Standing on my feet again, I look at Connor, "Don't. It's way too late, and you have to sleep."

Connor stammers, "B-but (y/n), I don't have to-"

I snap my finger and point at him, "Did I stutter?"

Connor, now slightly having his mouth open, not entirely sure what I want to happen next, stands there in silence.

"Erm, (y/n)? What do I do now?" Connors asks shyly.

"First," I order. "Stand in the corner and turn around. Cover your eyes, too."

Connor, understanding what's happening, does just as I ask.

I run to my pile of clothing and rummage through it, looking for pajamas, or comfy clothes of some sort. I  finally find a few things, quickly rip my dress off, not caring if I ruin it or not, and put on a tank top and shorts.

"You can turn around now," I say.

Connor turns around and sees me in my pajamas. He smiles, but sees I'm holding more clothing.

"Are those for me?" He asks.

I smile, "Mhm!"