Chapter 2: Burning Feelings

SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BURNING MAZE!

Percy's POV

It had been three months since anyone's seen Leo. He had resigned himself and Festus to Bunker 9 and not allowed entry to anyone. He had only appeared briefly seen in the tree-line during Calypso's funeral.
Percy had made the personal decision to have Calypso buried with the dryad's permission in a lone part of the Camp Half Blood forest, surrounded by moonlace. During the ceremony, Percy alone had spotted Leo. The time alone didn't seem to be helping him. He had wanted to walk over to him, just as a reassurance, but Nico had stopped him. He insisted that they leave Leo to his grief.

However Percy became even more and more worried for him. His friends did as well. Jason was glad that Leo turned out to be alive, but it wasn't really Leo. Everything that made Leo, Leo, was gone.

Percy sat outside the Poseidon Cabin, sharpening his sword when suddenly a shadow blocked his sunlight. He looks up and sees Frank!

"Percy! How are you!", Frank says as he hugs him. The new Praetor of New Rome was wearing a purple cloak. A beige t-shirt with his medals pinned to it and blue jeans. The fireproof pouch with his stick in it was tied to his waist.

Percy returns the hug, making sure not to get hurt by the medals in his chest. "I'm doing alright. It's great to see you."

Frank's smile fades. "How's Leo been?"

Percy shakes his head sadly. "He's still holed up in Bunker 9. His only company has been Festus."

Frank looks off in the distance towards the forest where Bunker 9 is hidden. "I see.."

"How's New Rome?", Percy asks.

"Well our new Pontifex has taken to the job with glee. Several new temples are up. You must come see them soon. Jason is really doing great. Personally I think he's looking for a distraction..."

Percy looks up at Frank. "What do you mean?"

"Well, aside from Leo's situation.. Him and Piper broke up."

Percy stands up in shock, "What! Why?"

Frank shrugs, "I don't know the whole story. Sorry."

Percy walks away, "I'm gonna Iris-Message him Frank! I'll see you later!"

Frank waves to Percy and walks away.

Frank's POV

A twig snapped under Frank's foot as he walked deeper into the forest. One of the Hephaestus kids had reluctantly told him how to find Bunker 9. He finds the entrance and to his surprise, its open! He glances around the corner of the huge door and finds Leo angrily tossing things around, the Bunker is a disaster zone. Tools were strewn about, thrown by Leo. Festus was currently shutdown. However, Leo isn't alone. Three men stand to the side of him talking, avoiding the thrown items. Frank inches closer, trying to hear what they're saying.

"Mr. Valdez, again we sympathize with you. Its normal of the gods to betray their own like this", one of them says.

"I don't want your sympathy. I want them to pay!", Leo growls as he throws something else across the bunker.

"If you pledge your support to our cause, they will", another of the men says.

Leo looks at them, his eyes were blood red from crying. "What do you want me to do?"

"Apollo. We want you to kill him."

Frank gasps, but quiets himself quickly. Fortunately, no one seems to have heard him over the sound of Leo throwing things.