"aurora, you don't have to go. ethan and i can just hang out some-"

"nonsense, viv. i promise, i was just leaving. it's fine." i lie and she faintly nods when i get my bag from the bed near where jaden stands. "just text me later, alright?" i say to the boy before he agrees and bids me a soft goodbye.

this leaves me alone and caught up on the two boys that have left me scars on my heart.

+

the wind kissing my exposed skin has became something that put at me ease. so much that my eyes consist of shut actions as i take in the factors of the campus. the tree i sat under shading me from the harsh sun but still gave me the view of the blue sky that was painted with the different figures of clouds. i tried to clear my mind but it was much harder than usual due to my past deciding on giving me a little wake up call. "so is this where you come to hide from us, dolan boys?" i know the voice by hard and already my heart beats faster.

the way it lets my breath hitch and once i open eyes i realize how he situated himself to sit beside me. the wind now playing with the strands of his hair and dancing on the ligaments of his body. "no, just you." i add, not truthfully when the boy forms a noise that consists of a scoff and a faint chuckle.

"yeah and it has nothing to do with ethan, either? who i just found out last week is your ex now." he states and that only causes me to glare at the man who was in my space. his presence was becoming more than a mild annoyance.

"why are you on my ass, grayson?" i ask with some tones of sass and yet the boy still has a smile plastered to his face.

"i'm just trying to understand you or understand what's going on here because cora doesn't like talking about people with specific names." he tells me and i can't help but faintly smirk now at his description of cora.

"yeah she's got a bad habit of that but honestly, grayson. you're on my shit list right now, especially because you're dating my best friend."

"you dated my twin brother for three years."

"alright, fine. then touché."

from the words between us it causes us to be fulfilled with silence. our voices inaudible as only the distant noise comes from individuals and the world around us, humming. "what happened with you two? i kind of thought you would last forever." he questions and there is pure curiosity in his words. it only makes me wonder why his own brother would not speak of this.

"it wasn't good anymore. there was nothing there. no spark, no love, no care. there was just fights and distance all the time and we decided to end it because of that. it also never helped with my regret of the whole situation. it always felt like there was guilt within. and i mean i had it coming what we did was shitty and i know that now." i inform him and bringing it up stings my bones. there's an odd feeling in my stomach that forms because of it.

"wait, wait, wait," grayson pauses from finishing his statement when he turns his body to face me more. i furrow my brows when he does this. "you guys never said that you loved each other?" i shake my head softly when he asks me this then look away from the blonde man with eyes painted with confusion.

"no we didn't." i say this part a little lower then how i spoke before and i can tell that grayson notices the pain in my voice from my answer. this is because his lips twitch into a slight frown when he faintly nods.