Chapter 70: Save Me

Chapter 70: Save Me

"Ashley and Jackson sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N —"

" So you're an item now?" My dad's demanding voice boomed over Aidens. The crowd of people that were watching behind the glass stilled.

Jackson didn't respond. He just lowered his head and squeezed my hand.

"Is this the leader i've raised you to be? what you— took advantage of my daughter and go against my order, is that —"

   "Dad no—"

 "Ashley" Jackson warned beneath his breath.

  " THIS IS NO PLACE FOR A GIRL LIKE YOU ASHLEY" My dad slammed his hand on the desk in front of the glass making everyone jump. " You're... soft —like your mom. She couldn't handle this lifestyle and neither can you"

  I don't know why but I took that as an insult.

 " I never asked to be apart of this lifestyle —as you put it— really to me it's no different from hell"

 A few people in our little audience gasped.

   I let go of Jackson's hand and walked up to him. " You left —no— you walked out on me and mom for this lifestyle and never even glanced in our direction. Oh but you sent Andrew to 'watch over me' when really he thought I was his property or something —gee thanks— then in college— which i'm way behind on by the way— you send me a roommate that could've been a psychopath —if it wasn't Jackson. Oh and—"

  He grabbed me by my throat and pinned me against the wall. " Watch your mouth little girl, I brought you into this world so I can take you out if I damn near please"

 My eyes filled with tears in outer shock. 

   "Aye Boss, Boss...!"

     The crowd started talking all at once but I wasn't paying attention to them. I stared right in his eyes and he must've seen the sadness and heartache he enlisted in me because when he let me go, he couldn't meet my eyes anymore.

   " You're no father of mine," He looked up —still not meeting my eyes. The room was quiet again. " As far as I know— my Dad died the day he walked out on us—" I started walking away then paused— " Enjoy your precious little lifestyle. I want no part of it."

* * * * *

"Hey, Hey what are you doing?" 

 " What does it look like?" I furiously wiped a stray tear from my eye. " I'm leaving, Jackson"

    I zipped my suitcase and made sure that I had all the things I brought to this house —mansion— whatever the hell you want to call it.

    " Where to?" He leaned against the door frame smirking.

    " This isn't a joke Jackson i'm not—" 

  " I'm only asking 'cause I don't really want to run up the mileage on my car"

    " You're not coming to spy on me or whatever that bastard told you to—!"

    " Hey, shh, i'm not a spy baby" He wrapped his arms around me in a hug I didn't return.

      " I'm not here as your 'protector' anymore" 

       " Then why are you here because I told you that—"

        " Your boyfriend"

        " What?" I blushed. I must've heard him incorrectly.

        " I'm here as your boyfriend" He gave me a shy smile.

           I stared blankly.

          "C'mon" He took my suitcase out of my hand and used his free hand to grab mine as we trudged down the stairs.

 Aiden was standing by the main door with a duffle bag.

    You've got to be kidding me.

" Aiden you're not coming" Jackson said before I could.

   " And why the hell not?"

"Because I drive a two person car"

  He snickered. " Like I was going drive across the country alone in a car with you two lovebirds"

    A horn honked as soon as he said that. From a fiery red ferrari and voice yelled. " Aiden if you don't get your ass in this car right now..."

   " Yes ma'am" He bit his lip and winked at me...or Jackson —i'm not really sure.

   " Um...okay" I muttered.

   " You okay?" Jackson asked, sounding considered for the first time.

    " I didn't know so many people cared about me" I admitted.

     He flicked my ear. 

" Ow!"

" Well. Now. You. Do" he placed kisses on either sides of my cheek between words.

   Zara honked her horn again. " Can we leave before hell freezes over?"

 I grinned as we walked towards Jackson's car. Zara smiled at me as we passed hers.

" Where to?" Jackson asked as we got in his car.

" Hmm?" I already felt drained from today's events. At some point between it all Jackson must've cleaned himself up because his clothes are different and he looks exceptionally dashing at this moment. I'm so lucky to have him.

   " Surprise me" I finally replied.

      The engine roared to life. " Sweet" He whooped.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hey my lovelies! what did you think of this chapter? I thought it was kinda sweet. Kinda.

PSA: okay listen you guys when this this book is over I will write 'THE END' in bold letters so you'll know but this journey isn't over yet okay? 

pls remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

XOXO

p.s: If you notice any mistakes just comment on the line and I will fix it. It helps so thank you! also do you guys know any songs that fit this chapter?