Chapter 50: Betrayal

Chapter 50: Betrayal

   " Do you even know where we're going?" I grabbed on to the edge of my seat as we sped down the busy street. Jackson didn't reply the only sound I could hear was the humming of the engine as he skipped past angry driver in a rush.

   " Fine." I turned the radio on a stared through the window hoping that Sadie is okay. I didn't really know she had a boyfriend, I mean yes, I figured she had a thing with Aiden but...boyfriend?

    Then again I actually haven't spoken to Sadie in a long time because i've been so caught up on school, Jackson and whatever other obstacles being under the mafia's protection has thrown my way.

    Honestly I just really want to head back to the dorms. I know we haven't been at my father's place that long but I really just need to clear my head and process everything.  The music from the radio turned to a mute and on the screen read the words Incoming call from Zara. Jackson pressed answer.

    " Hey babe, where you headed?" A low elegant voice said from the other line. Her voice was a bit raspy, almost...sexy even.

   Jackson looked in his rearview mirror and laughed. " Stalking me Zara?"

      "Of course," I could practically hear her smiling. " You know i've got a thing for badboys"

        " Hmm," Jackson nodded as if she could freaking see him. " And I like how hot you look in leather"

    I'm not mad. At all.

     No really.

     I cleared my throat.

   " Oh sorry sweet thing, is someone in the car with you?" The girl —Zara asked.

         Obviously, I thought.

            " Yeah um, we're going to see Aiden... something's come up" 

          " That's funny because I have business with him too"  Her tone started to drop to a serious one.

      Oh goodie!

   " Team up?" Jackson offered.

     " Hell yeah cutie!" She whooped.

           A couple minutes later the car skidded to a halt on our school compound and I've never felt more relieved to be back at this place than I do now. A red Ferrari pulled up next to us and when the door opened everything felt like it was being slowed down. The first thing I  noticed was her black high heels that hit the ground with a low clack

      Next the person came out In a leather jumpsuit that hugged to her curves, the top half was cut in a V —not like her boobs wouldn't have been visible if it wasn't V-neck— and her arms slowly moved up to remove her glasses. She had thick dark hair that fell onto her back in prestigious curls and her red lipstick made the brown in her eyes stand out even more. She was gorgeous.

     " Wait here" Jackson muttered.

   I stepped out the car and looked down uncomfortably as Jackson picked her up and spinned her around in a tight hug. He glanced at me before pulling her further away from me to have a conversation. You know what?, screw him. I turned on my heels and left. Not that they noticed.

    The elevator was taking too long so I decided to just walk, worst mistake of my life. Although it was just three flights of stairs I felt like I had just ran a marathon, took a hike, taught a bunch of kindergartners how to dance and walked through a hot dessert. I banged on Aiden door practically desperate. 

    " Who is—! hey Ashley..." I walked past him and headed straight to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. 

   After I felt a bit more hydrated I managed to choke out. " Where's Sadie?"

   " Huh?" He looked confused.

    " Okay you listen to me punk," I grabbed his shirt. " I know you've been beating her and—"

      " Hey Ashley!" Sadie ran up to me and hugged me.

       The first thing I did was look at her face. There was a fading bruise on the corner of her eye and that crushed me. " Who did this to you?"

    " No one, I fell" She said reassuringly.

        I frowned. " You have so much explaining to do"

       " I know," She grabbed my arm. " And i'm... sorry but it's not Aiden, he's not a part of it yet"

           " He's not apart of what yet?—"

            Aiden looked worried. " Ashley you should go...Please" There was something about his eyes I never noticed before...something about him. His lip was busted on the side and he was wearing a pair of black shorts and a shirt that looked a little recently ripped.

    My eyes traveled back to Sadie who was staring at me intently. " I'm so sorry Ash I swear I never wanted to do this, but—" Her voice cracked. " He's gonna kill me if I don't, please understand that"

    I started backing up, panic rising to my chest. " Sadie what are you..." 

      She pulled out a handgun from behind her and shot Aiden in the leg. Two guys came rushing out of the the room Sadie came from earlier, they grabbed either side of my arms so I couldn't move as Sadie reached down into a bag on the floor I never noticed before and pulled out a syringe with a tiny bottle next to it. I watched in horror as she filled the tiny tube up with clear thick liquid.

   " Sadie! Sadie! What are you doing?! Please no!" I screamed out when it finally hit me what was happening.

     " Who would've thought that the girl I was assigned to kill is also the girl I randomly became best friends with" She smiled solemnly.

     " Please don't do this!," I tried to escape but they threw me on the couch and held me down. " Sadie! No I don't wanna die!" 

   " Oh this won't kill you sweetie no, this is just to...sedate you for a couple of hours until I take you to my boss so he can have his way with you...no biggie" 

    Aiden tried to reach for the gun on the table but Sadie grabbed it first and shot his arm this time.  I tried to think of ways to escape but I can't, not now, not like this. I should've stayed with Jackson. 

    " Sadie I-I found my dad H-He's rich he can pay you just please don't..." I tried one last time. 

         " Don't take this personally Ash" She Smirked and grabbed my arm. I kept shaking it so she couldn't find my vein and she slammed me firmly across putting me in shock just long enough for her to insert the needle. 

      " No! No!," I screamed. " Jackson!"

             Blackness.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Omg i'm so sorry for the long wait you guys! Also sorry for the cliffhanger but there was just no way around it hehe.

   Anyways I really hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless. What do you think of the new Character Zara? Like her? hate her? or " IDC WTF IS HAPPENING W/ ASHLEY?!"  comment and let me know XD

xoxo

P.s: I might update tmrw if I have time :)