Chapter 55: Who said it?

   It was a stare off between us —a pissing contest if you will. I didn't blink and neither did he. I had already stood up from my chair and we both leaned on the table, looking at each other in the eyes. Grey meets brown. We were there for minutes, seconds and then... I blinked.

   What? you try taking on a Mafia boss.

     " You can't kill me" I muttered.

       " Wanna bet?" He smirked. His expression seemed playful but I knew better because his eyes were cold. His facial structure were sharp like Jackson's and although they both seem to have perverted minds, he is nothing like Jackson Miller.

  "What's in it for you?," I asked. " You kill me then what? —and don't give me that B.S about 'honoring your forefathers' because we all know you don't care about that"

   " Hmm straight to the point, my kind of woman," He scoffed when he noticed my expression. " Relax, you're not my type"

    "Yeah, okay" I focused on the bags underneath his eyes.

        He began to pace the room. " You see, your father has been hiding you. In the Mafia if you don't have a child, a member from your organization can take over when proved to be a suitable heir because they are a 'family' anyway. When your father came in front of the committee saying he's considering Jackson Miller —an outcast— to be his heir I was outraged"

   "Why? were you jealous?" I mocked.

    " Honey, I have three thousand men willing to throw themselves in front of a bullet for me at my disposal, i'm hardly jealous. I was outraged because Your dad and Susan has been humping away like bunnies since they were teenagers, I knew they had to have a child" I cringed at the bunny part. Of course I know what my parents had to do together for me to get here but that doesn't mean I want to picture it.

     He continued. " So I had my men look into it and we found you. Sadly you were constantly being watched over by his minions that we never had the chance, until I realized 'what does every girl need in the big bad scary world?' a best friend, and so I sent Sadie. The fact that you were a depressed child with daddy issues helped a lot too. She's always been a bit of a troublemaker and her dad owes me a favor"

    "You might be able to kill me but you'll never get Jackson" I spat.

       He frowned. " I honestly don't really plan on killing Jackson —unless he gets in my way that is— once the committee finds out that The leading Mafia organization in the area lied to them, they will beg me to kill you and force your ill father to step down...and since there will be no one to take over I will raise up, take control and build an empire with his minions. You see it's all apart of my master plan to be the head of Every. Single. Mafia organization out there"

    "You sound like an outcast" I noted.

    "What?" He snapped.

       " Well that's how it works isn't it?," I sighed, how could I have not noticed sooner. " The one who wants to destroy everyone and everything was once cast out by others. You're scum to them so now you want to be on top. Take over, starting with the king of kings to scare the others, am I right?"

    I could see the veins throb in his forehead. " Your father broke the law made by our forefathers based on pass mistakes to guide us. He's scum!"

  " No!," I counter. " My father is a honorable man, unlike what you can say for yourself"

     " Ohhh you don't know what you're saying child" His hands shook and he balled them up into fists.

    " Monsters like you never win," I snarled. " I'm gonna enjoy watching Jackson slit your throat"

     " Ahhh, Sadie!" He flipped the table over slamming it against the wall. I jumped back.

         " Take her to the dungeon," He glared at me. "She doesn't deserve to stay in my nice rooms"

          " But sir—" 

        He grabbed her by the throat. " That wasn't a question"

          She wheezed when he let her go and muttered a " Yes sir"

               " And tell Paulie to send in some of my women, I need to...de-stress" He turned his back as we exit the room.

   " Christ, Ashley,"  Sadie spoke in utter shock. We stopped next to a guard at the door —i'm guessing Paulie— and she whispered something to him. He nodded and left. "What the hell did you say to him?"

  I shrugged. "Nothing. Just that evil never wins and i'm gonna enjoy watching Jackson slitting his throat"

  " Wow," She looked proud for a second. "When did you get so bold?"

       " When I got tired of getting screwed over by everyone" I said as we descend the stairs back to the wet, gooey dungeon. Sadie saw my expression and laughed. 

   " You gotta play nice if you want special treatment," She said. "I learned that the hard way"

      I scoffed. " And I suppose that will make getting stabbed in the back by my best friend and being promised death in the near future better?"

   "Look," She grabbed my arm and shoved me in the cell before locking the gate. " All i'm saying is be nice and listen to what you're told for once in your life and maybe, just maybe you'll get out of this alive"

  " Oh yeah?," I stood up off the floor. " And who's gonna save me?"

    " I am" A voice said in the shadows.

     I looked to see who it was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  A/N: Can I get a whoot whoot? 

       who do you think the mystery person is?? let me know in the comments oh and please remember to vote if you enjoyed :)

XOXO