Marathon back home

This chapter is unedited.

I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter too.

Shikaku POV

I was still curious to know where Setsuna went yesterday, however; after her breakdown this afternoon, I thought it'd be best to leave that topic for today. As she's currently at the park under the surveillance of ANBUs , I went to inform Hokage-sama of her disappearance act last night.

"I see..."

"Should we assign ANBUs to her even at night?" Hokage-sama furrowed his eyebrows, thinking deeply, before shaking his head.

"No. As you said Shikaku, she is smart, she may be up to something if she went out in the middle of the night. However don't forget that she is still a child, she may just wish to get away from all this surveillance. If she repeats this act, we'll assign her with ANBUs 24/7" I nodded my head in agreement. Then I proceeded to other businesses with Hokage-sama.

Setsuna's POV

I was sitting on the grass, watching my brother and Shikamaru practice throwing kunais.

*DONK*

"Ouch!" I yelped, rubbing the spot where I hit my head. Giving the log beside me a glare. I was half expecting my dear Onii-chan to be right beside me, worrying about things that he couldn't fix, instead I didn't even get a glance from him. Both he and Shikamaru are too heavily invested in practising that they've completely muted their surroundings.

It's rather boring......and peaceful........

"Onii-chan, Tsuna has some place she wants to go so she's going to leave. Bye." I left the training area, going for a stroll around the village. I never got any response since they must not have heard it.

When I was done strolling around the village, I decided to continue my journey outside the village. As I neared the post guard, I saw Izumo and Kotetsu, both of them seemed to be in a conversation.

This could be troublesome. Should I call it quits?

As I tip-toed near the post, trying to go unnoticed by them, I heard a snoring sound coming from the post. Frowning, I slowly peeked from below, only to find that there were posters of them in their place. In the posters, their mouths were open as if they were talking. One of Kotetsu's hand was one his hips, the other was lying limp on his side. Izumo on the other hand was rubbing the back of his neck, one of his hands shoved in his pockets.

However, the real Izumo and Kotetsu was literally sleeping on top of each other. I slapped my forehead, feeling stupid for falling for this trick.

Well, it's easier for me this way.....so....bye!

I hopped my way outside the village, humming a song that mother used to sing for me. I halted when all of a sudden someone appeared in a puff of smoke right in front of me.

"You shouldn't be here Setsuna."

I lifted my chin, my face scrunched up as I tried to see who was behind the smoke. Imagined my surprise when I saw the ANBU that I met last night, the one whom I called pervert, standing right in front of me.

My mouth fell open."......"

"You know...you should close your mouth. Wouldn't want any bugs going inside your mouth now, would we?"

I snapped out of my trance. Giving him a smile even though all I wanted to do was to pummel my fist to his face.

"Who are you mister ?" The pervert crouched down and pointed to his mask. "Me? I'm Mr. Fox, just like my mask."

I stretched out my hand to touch his mask, however he backed out before I could. "You should return to the village. It is dangerous for a little girl like you to be out here alone."

"I see.....but you know what?" I stepped closer to him and whispered "I.don't.care."

This pervert immediately pulled me closer, and if I didn't see the arrow on the tree beside me, I would have hit him. However, before I could react,  Pervert grabbed me and jumped away. Not a moment later, the place we were crouching on was blasted to bits. As Pervert took me even further from the village, I could see several ANBUs fighting off a large number of rouge ninjas. When one of them suddenly appeared in front of me, I shrieked and started hitting the pervert. "Gyaaa! Pervert! There's a clown coming up behind you!"

He wasted no time in turning around and sending some sort of lighting ninjutsu to the clown and some blood on my face as well. We, I meant him, continued to jump from tree to tree while his hand supported my butt since I was tired of gripping his neck. When he stopped, I saw a few of his comrades around us.

I didn't pay any mind to their conversation, however one mask in particular caught my attention. "Are you Mr.Weasel?" I asked, pointing at the weasel mask who was standing beside Kakashi.

"Eh?"

"Just play along." I heard pervert whispered to him.

"Ah...yes ,yes, I am Mr.Weasel. Nice to meet you."

"Hm? Ne...Mister, does Setsuna know you? Your voice sounds very familiar." After replying me with a lie, I turned my attention back to pervert and said. "By the way pervert, can you let me down now? I know my baby butt is nice and all, but please let me go." Maybe he was being laughed at by his friends, however; I didn't really care.

"You obviously has never learn the proper way to carry a kid. My body hurts all over." I said, stretching my whole body after being in an uncomfortable situation for too long.

When pervert crouched down in front of me, I raised one of my hand in front his face. "Do you have something that I can use to wipe the blood off of my face?" The weasel crouched down and gave me his handkerchief.

"Thanks," It felt awfully awkward when grown men were staring at you while you wiped your face. "Pervert, next time you want to kill someone, make sure to avoid splashing another drop of blood on my face. It tastes and smells like your sweat-disgusting," I said, sticking my tongue out for good measure.

I turned back to the way we came from and started walking back home with my shoulders slouched in agony.

It was supposed to be a simple walk. Now, because of a certain someone and some rouges, it has become a marathon back home. Curse you pervert! I hope you stomped on a horse dump.

Kakashi's POV

"What's wrong Kakashi? Your mind has been elsewhere ever since we delivered Setsuna back home."

I turned to face him, raising my cup of sake."Did you notice something off about that girl Itachi?"

"Well...I do notice some of them. Like the way she acted after seeing you murder someone. It is either an incredibly perfected act or a situation that she had seen too many times," He  said, pouring me another glass of sake.

"That's one of them, but not the only one," I sighed, my mind kept returning to the night when I briefly saw her silhouette. I didn't know why, but seeing her outside the gate brought back the memory from that night.

Could it be her?.....Nah, it must be the sake talking Kakashi. There's no way, she could be that woman.

***__Time Skip__***

Exactly one week after meeting that mysterious woman, I returned to the village from a mission and happened to stop near the Nara's compound. Where I just happened to find Setsuna stepping out from her room, dressed in black and even with a mask to cover her face. The moment she landed, she looked left and right, looking for any witnesses, before leaving the scene in a rush.

As I followed her to the gate, I saw her disappear into the bushes and reappeared as the woman I saw from last week. She wasted no moment to leave, while I stood there trying to gather my thoughts to decide what to do in this situation.

Oh God—What in the world did I just saw?