Anger and Affections

I hope you will enjoy this chapter😀

If possible, I will update next week.

Until then😊😊

Setsuna's POV

I gulped, letting out an awkward laugh. Shikaku-san is currently sitting on my bed, with the blanket spread out revealing the pillows, clothes, clock and bags that I had used to create an image of me sleeping last night. His eyes were enough to deliver his message.

Where were you?

"Um,Ha...Ha....what are you doing here Shikaku-san?" I played fool, dismissing his silent question.

He remained stoic. "Where were you last night?"

"Um...you see....um..."

"If you don't give me an answer, I'm afraid both of us are going to sit here and wait, even if we have to skip breakfast, lunch, or even dinner." He stated, after hearing my tummy growled.

I remained silent, the floor suddenly looked incredibly interesting. The only sound filling the room was the growls my stomach was making. Shikaku-san sighed out loud."As you are currently staying at my house, I am your guardian. If anything happens to you, I will bear full responsibility."

He walked to the window, where he found me walking in this morning. "Do you know how worried I was when enter and didn't see you on the bed? Instead-I saw your window, the one that I reminded you to lock, have been left open.... I actually thought that someone had kidnapped you!"

"If you're that worried, why didn't you call a search team?" I mumbled, a little louder than I had expected.

"Why? Because I saw your make-believe set up of course." He said, pointing to the things that were deliberately placed on my bed. I pouted, feeling a little angry when he said that.

You didn't have to mock me like that. I wasted a lot of time to make it believable you know.

Shikaku-san crouched down in front of me, placing one hand on my shoulder and lifting my chin up with the other. I am forced to look right into his eyes."Setsuna, do you know who are the people guarding you right now?"

I slowly nodded, not sure where he's going with this. "Hai....they are ANBUs."

"Then, why do you think those ANBUs are guarding you ?"

"....Because Tsuna's life is in danger....that is why papa and mama are out hunting the bad guys...." I grumbled, clenching my fists tightly.

All the while risking their life at the same time.

"Tsuna knows.....there is a bounty for Tsuna. Someone wants Tsuna." Shikaku's eyes widened, I stared at him, feeling angry and useless the more I said. "That is why Tsuna and Onii-chan is staying here!"-Being nothing but useless.

"That is why ANBUs are following Tsuna wherever she goes! All because Tsuna is going to be killed!" I finished with a cry.

"It would have been....better...if Tsuna died....why does papa and mama have to get involved....why does all of you have to get involved!" I said in between sobs.

The same thing is going to happen again. You're going to cause another destruction to another village. Isn't your own village enough Tsuna? What's the use of returning to the past if you can't change anything?!

"Tsuna...Tsuna...calm down.sshh." I was pulled into a hug. "Are you afraid of your parents being killed? Like the man you see in your nightmares?" I nodded, sniffing and wiping my tears and mucus away.

I am not being afraid. I am being rational. My clan is more than capable of exterminating two meek humans.

"Tsuna...stop thinking about useless things." I pulled back, trying to find any sign on his face that indicated that he was joking. When I found none, I was outraged. Pulling away from his embrace, I hit him repeatedly using my fist. "How can you say that it was useless!?"

"Is it not? Come on Tsuna, think about it. You keep thinking and worrying about things that may or may never happen. If that isn't called useless, then I don't know what else I should call it. Your parents are strong, but you lack faith in them. That is where those thoughts came from."

"I trust them! I do not have lack of faith in my parents!" I could feel my nostrils flared, maybe even smoke coming from my ears.

"When you become a parent, you'll understand why your parents are trying their best to protect you. As for us helping you, that's because this is the kind of village Konoha is. We take care of each other." He ruffled my hair. As if it's not loud enough, my stomach growled even louder, shocking both Shikaku-san and I. He  stood up and slided the door open. "Come on, I think a monster will come out of your stomach if we don't feed you soon." He chuckled.

I took his stretched hand, and let him guide me to the dining room. I was surprised to find my parents there, chatting away with Yoshino-san.

"Ah, you're finally here. Come, you must be hungry Setsuna." Mama said, lifting me up and placing me in the seat next to hers. "Now that both of you are here, let's eat." Yoshino-san said.

While I ate, I gathered my thoughts, contemplating whether I should inform them of my situation or not. I looked around the table. Mama and papa would occasionally asked me if I wanted more rice or vegetables. I was not familiar with affections in my previous house, however ever since I came, they've showered me in all kinds of affections, even though I was adopted. More than I had ever received in my 21 years of life.

I have never felt such warmness in that house.

"Ne ne usa-chan, hear this. Just now Shikamaru-"

What if they change when I tell them? What if they lock me up or throw me out of the village? Will I never get to feel this warmness again? Will I be left alone once more?

I nodded my head, as an indication that I was listening to whatever Onii-chan was talking about. However, he stopped talking in the middle.

"What's wrong Usa-chan? Are you not well?" He frowned, placing one hand on my forehead and another on his.

Will I ever get to see him again? Will I get to see mama and papa again?

I didn't realize that I was crying until Onii-chan started panicking. Even then, the tears just wouldn't stop. When I thought back to how my life was before meeting them, the time when it never registered to me that I was lonely, I felt scared. I didn't want to life that kind of life anymore.

That's why...I hope you can forgive me for keeping this secret for a little longer..... just a little longer.