Nightmares

Shikaku POV

Since our wives left us , Choza had to take care of Setsuna again , usually we would be left with our older kids but they had attended the academy , so it's only Setsuna now. I picked the dango shop because I simply thought that Setsuna had never eaten a dango before . Inoichi had arrived 5 minutes ago and we were just waiting for Chouza and Setsuna ,several minutes later the door slide opened to reveal Chouza but he had entered the shop alone . "Where is Setsuna, Chouza ? Why isn't she here ?" I asked .

"She's asleep , I don't want to wake her up . " He replied but I didn't miss the worry that passed through his eyes . "What's wrong Chouza ? Is there something wrong with Setsuna ?" Inoichi asked since he had noticed it too . Chouza sat down with us and a frown appeared on his face. " She's been having nightmares lately , but she refused to tell us what it is . "

"Isn't it normal for children to have nightmares ? Ino had it when she was 4 , I think . She started having nightmares when she saw me being covered in bandages at the hospital . Apparently , she dreamt about me , laying on the floor dying in every nightmare . " Inoichi said looking at Chouza confusedly .

"Well Ino told you about it but Setsuna won't tell us anything . We only knew about it when we heard her sobbing loudly in the middle of the night , her body was shaking and her hands were hugging her bunny tightly.  "

I thought about what Inoichi said  . Since Chouza adopted Setsuna , he had never gotten injured bad enough to make Setsuna traumatized so he wasn't the main source . We stopped talking about it once our dangos were served .

We decided to visit Chouza's house after we had eaten breakfast . Chouza bought some of the dangos home since he had promised Setsuna to give her some . When we got to his house , he opened the door , took off his shoes and led us to Setsuna's room . Before we could reach her room , little footsteps could be heard running toward us . "Papa ! You're home !" She giggled as she hugged her father's leg . Chouza chuckled and picked her up , making her squealed .

"Ah , konichiwa , Shikaku-san , Inoichi-san ." Setsuna greeted . Inoichi pat her head while saying 'good girl' but I just gave her a smirk . Just then her little stomach growled loudly , she blushed and hid her face in the crook of Chouza's neck .

All of us laughed and went to the living room ,except for Chouza , he went to the kitchen to get a plate . I wanted to ask Setsuna about her nightmares but couldn't find the right time . My mind couldn't stop thinking about it . I tried to think of everything that had happened around us , but I didn't get any clue . Finally something clicked , I remembered the day Chouza found her.

He had told me that he found Setsuna in the middle of a battlefield . If Setsuna had a photographic memory ,  she would remember what had happened and that would explain her nightmares. "Shikaku san ? You okay ? " I blinked and looked down , only to see a concerned looking Setsuna . I gave her a smile only to receive a goofy grin in return .

"What's wrong kid ?" I asked , picking her up and setting her on my lap . "Um , there's nothing wrong , you just look so serious and ......frustrated ."

"I see you've been working hard on your pronunciation kid ." she rubbed her cheek with one of her fingers and gave me a sheepish smile . "I'm not really frustrated , I just wanted to know why do you keep on having nightmares." She tensed slightly . "Can you tell me what it is ? Maybe I can fix it ."

I didn't want to push her but we needed to know what her nightmares were if we wanted to help . I watched as she begun taking large breaths and closed her eyes , her eyebrows were wrinkled in fear and anger I guess . She's probably angry that I forced her to remember those haunting nightmares .

"Why did you want to know ?" she asked through gritted teeth with her eyes still closed . Her small hands were gripping her toy tightly , and right now she looked a bit like my wife . "I just wanted to help you that's all ." I said slowly . I didn't want her to explode like my wife did . Inoichi looked a little concerned with how her body was shaking . I knew he was watching us and I shook my head telling him not to interfere .

Setsuna POV

Oh Gosh ! What do I tell him ! Think ! Think! Think! Oh , I got it ! I opened my eyes slowly to see Shikaku san looking a bit scared . I think I scared him with my thinking style . " Promise me you won't tell anyone Shikaku san ? " I asked timidly . It seemed to relieve him as he nodded . OK , here goes .

" You see Shikaku san , I kept on having a dream where a man was fighting other men . He was d-d-dying but he kept fighting with all his might and he also carried me in a bundle . There ..... There's so much b-bl-blood and some of it was splashed on me when the man ki-k-killed someone . It-it-it's too scary ...... Shikaku san , I don't really ...... want to remember it , I'm sorry ." I stuttered and cried to add some effect to my lie , but it's surprisingly easy since I did felt bad for uncle to get killed .

I thought he bought it since he pulled me into his lap and stroke my head , whispering sweet things into my ear . I guessed being a baby meant I had harder control over my emotions . Well never mind , I loved the way he stroked my head , it felt very comfortable and I soon found myself in the middle of la-la-la land .

Chouza POV

I went to the living room to see my daughter sleeping at Shikaku's lap . "Why so my daughter sleeping at your lap ?" I asked . "Well I managed to get the reason to why she's been having the nightmares but as a result she ended up crying and I put her to sleep ."

"You get the reason ? Tell me then ." I said . He started explaining from the beginning till the end . "So what do you think we should do about this ?" I asked Shikaku . "I have no clue , my son never had a nightmare , I don't have a daughter too so I don't know how she think . "

I nodded , Inoichi slept with Ino to get rid of her nightmare so I guessed I could do that .

Setsuna POV

Dad wanted me to sleep with him today . I agreed because I had never experienced it with him . It's surprisingly good until someone appeared beside my dad . Dad was still asleep so he didn't know . The person began performing some handsigns and I found myself getting sleepier and he took me into his grizzly arms . Shit ! Must fight the -

Just as I was thinking about that , the door opened to reveal my mom . She gasped and shouted "What the hell are you doing with my daughter ?!"

My kidnapper didn't say a word but he quickly dashed out of the window and used a transportation jutsu to leave my house and possibly my village . But I didn't know since I had fallen asleep before he appeared in his destined place .

=================================================================

I DON'T OWN NARUTO

Please vote and comment if you like it .

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoy it .