The troublesome rouges

Setsuna's POV

After packing my clothes and everything that I possibly need , I locked all the windows and doors and even double-checked them. Yet , Shikaku still hadn't arrived .

Having had enough of waiting , I locked the front door and left the house . When I arrived at the Nara's , I had to stand on my toes just to ring the bell . God , why didn't they put it lower ?

Yoshino-san who opened the door was very surprised to see me . "Eh, Setsuna-chan why are you here alone ? Where's Shikaku ?" Her confused face quickly turned red when she realised that her husband wasn't with me .

"Konbanwa Yoshino-san , Shikaku-san took too long so I walked here myself . My tummy is already grumbling you see. " I grinned sheepishly as my tummy let out a rather loud growl .

"Oh dear , I'm really sorry , come in come in ." I was immediately engulfed by the heavenly Yakiniku smell . She led me to the guest room. "You can put your things here , if you need anything else you can tell me ."

"Un , Arigatou Yoshino-san ."

She slid the door back . Once I was sure that she had left , I plopped down on the bed , looking at the tatami room . It looked so much like my room from when I lived there .

"Grandfather , look ! This is for you !" The girl said cheerfully , handing a colourful drawing to an old man .

"You trash , get out of my room !!" The man shouted .

"B-but-" The girl stuttered , feeling her own tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"SHUT UP YOU CURSED CHILD . YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN ! GET OUT OF MY ROOM !" He tore the drawing and threw it away .

The little girl cry even louder which resulted in the man hitting her and throwing her out of the room . The little girl hit the wall and cry silently as she left the hallway and returned to her room .

"Usa-chan ? Are you inside ?" I jerked my head , then I realised that I was crying .

"U-un , I'll go down in a few minute . You can start without me onii-chan ." I wiped my tears away , took a deep breath and tried to calm myself .

It had been a while since I had those flashbacks . These flashbacks  reminded me of good and bad things , one of the good things was of my families and friends . I didn't even know if they knew of my existence in this world . The one that I had just had was a reminder of how much old man despised my existence . It was also a reminder of who I was .

Pushing it all into the back off my head , I left the room and found onii-chan , Yoshino-san and Shikamaru waiting for me . "Ehe , sorry I'm late ."

"Have you washed your hands Setsuna?"

"Un !"

Not long after we started eating , Shikaku came home . He was immediately engaged in a conversation with his wife who looked rather unhappy . When they came back from the living room , I noticed him rubbing his head .

When our eyes met , I mouthed an apology . After all , it was my fault that he got hit . He shook his head and took a seat .

"So Shikaku-san , why aren't you going with papa this time ? Usually you're taking missions together with Inoichi-san. "

"W-well..um.. Hokage-sama send me to another mission. " I gave him a nod then I went back to my food .

Something must have happened , maybe it had a connection with the kidnappers I heard that night .