Chapter Six

"The eyes are useless when the mind is blind."

--Unknown

Chapter Six

Rose's POV

As I watched Cassie walk out of the cafeteria, I wiped away the stray tears. I hate this feeling that's starting to build up in my chest. The feeling is nauseous and most definitely not wanted. I don't feel guilty that's for sure. I meant everything I said this time. Shit started happening as soon as I became friends with her and everything changed.

"Rose! What the fuck was that!" Niall said all frazzled while the others were staring at me wonder the same thing. I just rolled my puffy and probably red eyes and sighed. Wow I've been sighing a lot lately. I need to get my shit together.

"Look guys, everything that I said was true and you all know it. Just stop pretending okay. Liam isn't around right now and that was the biggest reason we even got close to her." I said while gathering all my things and throwing my backpack over my shoulder.

"Yeah, but Rose you didn't have to act so harsh you know." Louis said while taking out his buzzing phone and reading a text. "Hey Liam just texted me, said all they both got was a weeks' worth of detention. Well at least they got it easy, it could have been worse right?"

"Yeah I guess. Well I'm not going to my last class that for sure." I said sniffling. "I'm going home. Oh and Zayn take good notes today, I'll steal them from you later to catch up." I say faking a smile and walking out of the cafeteria.

"Rose wait up!" I hear Zayn call after me. I stop and face his direction.

"What's up?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"You can't keep doing this you know." He says walking with me towards the exit.

"I know." I say sagging my shoulders. "I hate it when you're right."

"I know," he chuckles. "How you going to get home?"

"Uh walk? I drove here with Harry remember."

"You can't walk all the way home Rose. Here, let me walk with you."

"No Zayn, you have to stay and take notes remember?" I laugh. "Besides I'm not going to die or get kidnapped walking in daylight. Come on believe in my defense skills for once.

Remember you're the one that taught me how to fight in the first place, doubting your teaching skills are we?" I tease. I've never had anyone take care of me like Zayn. He's the big brother I never had and I'm happy he's in my life.

"No I taught you well." He says shaking his head and smiling. He opens the doors and I smile at him. "Just be careful alright, people aren't honest and they all lie. Don't believe anything they tell you unless you know they're speaking the truth okay?" His hazel eyes look deeply into mine making sure I understand. The first person that popped into my head was Cassie.

"Yes sir!" I say saluting him keeping the tension to a minimum. "Bye Zayn!" I yell running down the steps and away from school.

The walking home was long and tiring. That run in P.E was great, it makes me miss playing sports. I loved the competition, but everything must come to an end at one point, I thought dramatically. I pulled my phone out and called my mom wondering if she'll be home tonight. After the third ring she finally picked up.

"Hey sweetie!" She lovingly said through the phone.

"Hi mom, are you coming home tonight?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"Oh Rosie, your father and I are going to be really late, but don't stay up okay? It's a school night, so do your homework, eat something 'healthy'" she emphasized, "and go to sleep early alright."