Chapter Four

Just because you’re paranoid, doesn't mean you aren’t not being watched.

--Unknown

Rose’s POV

    As I watch Cassie walk outside towards Harry and the group of delinquents, I begin to feel worried.

“Hey Liam, what up with Cass? She’s been acting weird all morning.” I ask Liam as he turns his attention towards me.

“Um, I honestly don't know, she hasn't told me yet. But wait hold on,” he says as he turns his attention back onto his girlfriend and Harry.

“Why the fuck did Harry just yell at my girl?” Liam almost yells as he slides out of the booth and is about to head outside when I grab his arm and pull him beside me to calm him down.

“Liam calm down” Zayn says trying to get a handle on the situation.

“Yeah, maybe it was a misunderstanding.” Niall pitches in.

“Liam just take a deep breath I will go and talk to Harry.” Louis says in a calm and soothing voice.

“This is bullshit! You know what now I’m going to go and talk to Harry.” Liam announces.

“Liam no let me go and talk to him. He has been acting strange and I feel like shit because now I have dragged Cass into this. Just let me talk to him first alright?”

“Okay but you need to set him straight.” Liam says.

    When Cass walks back into the diner, she had that ‘what a fucking asshole’ face on, which kind of made me frown. I mean what could have Harry done or said that made her that upset.

“What was that all about?” Zayn asks, confused.

“Yeah, that was weird.” Niall adds.

“Is Harry alright?” Louis asks.

“Like I care.” Cass responds. I felt broken on the inside. My best friend and boyfriend were arguing and I feel like it’s all my fault.

“Cassie!” I say as I gather my things and start to get up. “I’m very disappointed in you.” As soon as the words come out of my mouth I regret them. All I ever really wanted was for both of them to get along and not always argue over such silly things. But why am I being such a bitch towards my best friend over this. I take a deep breath and try to leave the diner without doing any more damage. I need to talk to Harry first.

“Rose, I didn't mean to-” She begins but I cut her off.

“Just stop, I’ll see you in algebra okay?” I say as I stand up and make a quick exit after I pay for both Harry’s and my breakfast.

    On the way out of the diner I grab Harry’s hand and pull him towards his car. He unlocks the car and I take a deep breath and get inside. As Harry begins to pull out of the parking lot he breaks the ice.