Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back to where you started."

Cassie's POV

Once Harry and I make our way out of the busy home, I begin to feel a little at ease now.

"It's nice out here." I comment, the small homes and trees around us making me feel safer.

"It is, first time I've felt comfortable in a while now." Harry adds, sighing.

I turn to look at him as we continue walking. "Yeah, we should talk about that."

He looks paler at the mention of this topic. "Why are you even friends with Luke?"

"It kinda just happened. I didn't mean to get in so deep with them."

"They're drug dealers, and you're what? The head honcho?" I question, wishing I brought a coat as the wind blows.

"Unfortunately," Harry says. "I don't do anything though. I used to, which is how I got into the group."

"Why are you still with them though? Can't you back out of it?"

Harry turns to me, staring at me with a worried expression on his face. "I got into some trouble with them, and now I'm having to pay for it."

"Did you bring any of the drugs to the party tonight?" I ask, pulling away from him.

He takes that as a signal, and we keep walking up the road. "I had some on me, yeah."

"Oh my god." I breathe out, the air around me thickening a little.

I pull away from him a little, when I looked at him I felt a little bit uneasy. With those words coming out of his mouth, I start to walk ahead of him a few feet.

I turn to look at him, watching as he chuckles and runs his fingers along his lip, sighing.

"Cass, please don't think I'm a bad guy. I am not the one passing it around and getting people into trouble."

My eyes begin to feel heavy. I close them and take in a few breaths. "I just can't believe this."

In a few seconds I'm in his arms, his voice drawing me in. "I had to bring some to a buyer, once I did I was done. It's Luke and his goons that are the ones causing all the trouble."

"Wow, seriously?"

"Please tell me you believe me?"

"I do," I whisper to Harry, his hands around my waist. "It's just a lot to take in at one time."

"I've just had some tough choices to make is all." Harry says to me, hands still on me.

I feel his hands pull me in, his lips ghosting my own. "I'm here to help you make better ones." I whisper, his eyes not moving from my face.

In an instant, we're kissing in the middle of the street. Cars honking and people making a ton of noise and calling at whistling as we pull away.

"What's going on?"

Police cars pass the other way, kids running from the party in all kinds of directions.

Sirens call off, and we look to see Tristan and Luke being led into a police car. "What is that?"

All of a sudden Harry's expression changes and his hands move away from my sides. "Oh no."

"Come on, we gotta get ot of here!"