Jeongguk as a person, didn't scare me.

Jeongguk as an assassin, did scare me.

The fact that he could go from an art-obsessed boy, fanboying over his favourite groups, squealing over my dog, smiling at beautiful bouquets that contained bursts of bright flowers, wrapping them with paint-splattered hands - to an assassin, sneaking around with guns and knives, hiding around in dark alleyways and streets, hearing the increased exhalation of his victim as they began to notice that they weren't alone, only for them to end up dead on the floor, Jeongguk's hands splattered with blood as he dumped their body somewhere or brought it to boss: was absolutely, fucking terrifyingly frightening.

The way that his personality and act could change so fast, was scary.

"It doesn't make me uncomfor- well. A little. It's just strange to think that the kid who beat a jock up for calling someone a flower, also kills people because someone wants them dead."

"Pays the bills, I suppose." Jeongguk hummed, "plus, I'm not constantly killing people. I spend weeks, occasionally months tracing them, deciding how and where to kill them, studying their behaviour before I actually do something."

I looked up at him in a sudden jolt of fear, ready to run.

Though, if he had plans to kill me, me running away from a coffee shop wouldn't save my life.

He's an assassin.

I'm an art student.

"Petal, don't be scared, I refused to kill you. Boss wanted you dead and you're the only person I've ever blank-point refused to kill."

"W-why did he want me dead?" I stuttered, feeling tears well up in my eyes as anxiety and nerves built up in my stomach, "I haven't done anything."

"It isn't specifically to do with you. But obviously, soulmates are a weakness to an assassin and I'm his best one, so he didn't want me to be dragged down." Jeongguk said, patting my hands gently with the tips of his lilac and jade fingers, the smoothness of his skin feeling as though he was rubbing the paint (and blood) onto my hands, "which obviously, wouldn't happen. JinJin, my advisor-boss-supervisor-thing talked with Boss and he understands now."

I nodded, feeling my tight chest relax as his fingertips stroked the backs of my hands, warmly smiling at me despite the fresh wound that scarred his lip.

Gulping as I made eye contact, I looked away, taking interest in the yellowing menus beside our hands.

I was midway through reading the vegan section, when I felt Jeongguk's hands slip from mine and I flicked my eyes back up to see him frowning at his phone in either confusion or frustration.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.

My voice must've been too loud or brass as it snapped him out of his trance, startling slightly as he jolted in his seat.

"Yeah, yeah. It's fine, petal." He reassured.

"What is it?" I asked with a knowing tone in my voice, "if you have to go, don't let me hold you back."

"I do have to go, and that's my issue. I haven't seen you in weeks and suddenly Boss is slapping me with a new profile, when I just fucking finished my last one four days ago." He sighed, "I'm sorry petal."

"It's okay, I guess we could just meet up another time." I said, disappointment in my voice.

Jeongguk clearly picked this up, walking over to me and crouching before me.

He gently plucked my hand between his fingers, bringing my knuckles to his lips and softly pressing a kiss to the soft skin.

I immediately blushed, seeing Jeongguk's wide and faux-grey eyes looking up at me from my hand.

"You could come with me, petal, but I don't want you getting involved in all this shit. I don't want my precious bluebell being battered."

I smiled sadly, the pink hue from Jeongguk's lips a lighter shade of the hue that stained my cheeks.

I looked in confusion as he gestured for me to lean down.

I moved my head so my nose brushed against his forehead, bowing my head when he gestured for me to move again.

With his one hand still cradling mine, he used his free hand to shift the lavender locks that flopped over my face, fingertips grazing my forehead.

He softly pressed his lips against my forehead, his eyelashes kissing his cheekbones as he shut his eyes.

Unconsciously, I bent my fingers so his hand held more of mine, looking at him with an innocent pout on my lips as he pulled away.

"Don't look at me like that, petal, or I might cave and bring you with me." He sighed, rubbing his thumb against the back of my hand.

I pouted further, widening my eyes for the impression that I was a puppy.

Jeongguk was a sucker for puppies.

"Petal." He whined.

I silently pleaded more with my eyes, smiling in victory as Jeongguk caved, standing up and bringing me along with him.

"You're too cute, petal." He smiled prettily.