Chapter Twenty

I promise this one will be shorter!

(Newts POV)

  It feels great to have my boyfriend as my soon to be husband.  I've felt kinda weird lately so I decided I'd take a walk.  I walk down our road and turn down the street called 'Janson Ave.', they had the best ice cream.

  I saw people I knew, Ava, Harriet, and was that Mary? (If you haven't seem The Scorch Trials, Mary is a doctor who left wicked to be with the right arm.  A rebellion against WCKD.)   

"Thomas Strong,"  I  heard Ava Say.

 "Ava Paige,"  I said back to her.

 "Long time no see.  How's it been?  I see you go by two names now.  Is that an engagement ring I see?  I think it is."  Ava looked at my left hand.  Doesn't she know about personal space?  All I wanted is some ice cream.

  "It is, and I'll save you the trouble, it's Thomas,"  I say.

  "Could've guessed that.  But, speaking about Thomas did you know Teresa has the Flare and Thomas has agreed to give her blood?  That gives him one last life."  Is Thomas really going to do that?

 "Really?  I wasn't sure."

  "Yes, they're in today doing the procedure.  Anyway, Someone wants to say hi to you."  Ava steps back and lets Harriet step forward.

  "Hey, Thomas."

  "Hey, Harriet."

  "I'm happy for you and Thomas.  I'm so sorry we had to meet this way.  I hope Thomas can make it."

  "What do you make it?"

  "Since he only has little blood we can give away, he could die.  I'm sorry to be telling you this.  I'm going to go meet up with Ava now, maybe talk to Mary."  He could die?

   "Hello, Newton."

    "Leave, all I wanted was some ice cream.  I don't like you very much."

   "What if I told you Minho was alive?"  What?

   "That's impossible.  I saw him, he's dead."  How could he be alive?  WCKD does some crazy things.

   "Aris has been visiting him for days.  I believe Aris is with Teresa Anges but when Minho is healthy enough to walk and move around, Aris will be his."  Minris!  I called it, Thomas owes me ten dollars.

   I ordered my ice cream and decided to keep walking.  I had ordered chocolate, my favorite.  I wasn't paying attention when I walked down the street that had to containment center.  

  I heard the alarms go off.  The crank escape alarms.  I dropped my ice cream and ran.  My limp made it harder but if I ran fast enough I would be far enough away.  I looked behind me and saw a crank.  It was coming closer and my leg was about to give up.

  I fell.

  The crank jumped on top of me and scratched me I was battling getting it off me.  I kicked it and punched it, nothing worked.  I blanked out and right before I did I heard someone yell my name.

 (Thomas' POV)

  The crank escape alarms went off again.  I went to investigate to make sure no one was killed or injured.  As I was walking out of the doors I saw someone fighting of the crank.  It was Newt.

   "NEWT!"  I yelled his name and then he stopped fighting.  He lies there, lifeless.

   I got professionals to get the crank under control.  I carried Newt into the building.

   "Is everything all-"  Harriet started to speak when she saw Newt body.

   "I'll call Ava, have her get another station set up,"  Harriet said and she picked up the phone.

    "Thanks,"  In minutes there was a station set up and we were giving Newt my blood.  This might be the last thing I ever do.

(Newts POV)

  Hours Later

  I woke up and saw Thomas sitting next to me with an IV sticking out of him and into me.  He saved me.

A/N

  I love cliffhangers.