Chapter Three

Hey everyone!  So if you didn't already know, I lost my laptop charger.  I'm so dumb.  Anyway, we had to buy one and it took two weeks!  Although this is going to a great story and I don't plan on ditching you guys at all.  This will be a finished story.    Oh, and writers' block has stopped me once again...  So sorry!  And without any further ado, Chapter three.

(Newt's POV)

The party was in just two hours.  I was at Thomas' house helping him pick out something to wear.  I honestly thought he'd look better in something that would bring out his brown beautiful eyes.  But no, he decided to wear something as casual as a plain blue shirt and black shorts.  He honestly still looks hot though.

  "So um, what about this one?" Tomas asked me feeling more confident than he did in anything else he tried on.

  "Looks nice," I said loud enough to be heard, "but you would look really hot in brown,"  I spoke under my breathe.  I couldn't let him know how I felt about him.

  "You say something?"  Thomas asked staring deeply into my soul.

  "No.  Not at all."  I was worried.  If he heard me, am I ruined?  No idea.

  "Ok then, let's head over to your house then."  My house.  Oh hell no.

  "Uh, I'll just wear this, ok?"  I said trying to walk over to the couch.

  "If you insist, but," I felt a strong grip hold tightly onto my arm, " You'd look really nice in a blue shirt.  We could match."

  "I'm fine,"  I said.

"Let's just get headed.  It's a three-mile walk through the crank containment center.  And you know we don't own cars, so we better get started before they call out another escape."  Thomas sounded worried, too worried for my liking.

  "No.  We are taking a cab.  I don't want there to be an escape right when we happen to be there." I put my foot down.

 "Good idea.  You got the money?"  Thomas asked looking at his empty wallet.

  "Yeah, I got it.  Don't worry, I got you, Tommy."  I loved calling him that.  It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

  "Uh, t-t-thanks Newt."  Thomas drifted away as I saw a smile appear on his face.  The smile also made me feel so welcome.

  We got into the cab and headed to the party.  We didn't talk the whole ride.  I think we both had a lot to think about.

_________________________

  "Hey, Teresa!"  Thomas saw her as soon as we walked in.

  "Uh, hey.  One moment please."  Teresa was hiding something, I gestured Thomas to follow me as we watched her make her way to the other side of the party.  Nothing really seemed to be going on between her an anyone, Yet.

  only two hours passed and people were already drunk.  ben was going all out and trying to get someone to race him in his car.  Winston said he would and everyone headed outside.

Ah, fresh air.  I remember when I had just woken up in the box and the air smelled like grass.  I miss those days, but also I regret them so deeply.  (SPOILER ALERT FOR DEATH CURE)  I should never have tried to kill myself in the maze.  Those bloody walls made me go crazy for a while.  I'm so glad it's over.

(Back to the setting)

"Go, Ben!" Teresa shouted.  She soon after ran over to him and kissed him for good luck.  Thomas didn't even seem to notice.

  "Uh, Thomas?"  I slightly turned to him.

  "Yeah Newt?  Whats up?"  Thomas' words were so innocent.  I felt so bad to give him the bad news.