Chapter Twelve

'Two a Day Reads' start today.

(Newt's POV)

It's been a few days since I figured Thomas' real job.  Teresa has been avoiding me so she must work at WCKD too.  Thomas was about home and I decided to set up a nice dinner for us.  I got reservations at his favorite restaurant, 'Bre's Quick Love'.  

 "If he comes home and sees this, he would be so confused.  Wait, that's the door."  I ran into the kitchen where I had set up candles.

 "Teri, we should tell Newt.  I was told I could."  I was hiding under the island to surprise him, but I think I'll hear what he has to say.

 "No way!  Don't trust Ava!"  Teresa was very stern.

  "I love him.  He has to-"  Thomas said he lo9ved me!

  "Shut up!  I don't care if you love him, I do too.  I can't lose him like a lost my mother."  Teresa had a surviving mother?

  "Don't bring Tasha into this.  She died and you know it.  Give up."  Thomas was harsh.  This would be a good time to jump out.

 "Suprise babe!"  I jumped out holding a rose and the candles blew out.

  "Newt?!  What's all this about?"  He took the rose and put in a glass of water.

  "I feel bad.  I feel bad for yelling at you, not sleeping with you, being mad you knew and blowing my anger out on you."  I said.

  "What about never wanting to have sex?"  Wow.  Just wow.

  "How funny Tommy,"  I said.

  "Not joking.  I mean why though?"  Wasn't he joking?

  "What?"  I asked.

  "Got you!  Wow, the look on your face was priceless!"  Haha, how funny.

  "I'm so amused.  Anyway, get dressed we're going to Bre's."  I pulled him into a kiss.  It's been forever since our lips last meet.  Consider this a reunion.

  "A kiss?  Newt, are you okay?"  Thomas broke the kiss.  How dare he!  That's my job.

  "I'm feeling great.  Why?"  I said innocently.

  "You never act like this.  So is anything wrong?"   Thomas asked.  What could be wrong?

  "Nope.  Nothing is wrong.  Now get out of your work clothes and get into something nicer!  We have reservations for 7:00!  It's already six ten, and we have to leave in ten minutes to be there on time."  I said walking him into our room.

  "Okay,"  he said while taking off his shrt.

  "You know what?"  I said.

  "What Newtie?"  he just called me Newtie.

  "I'm fine with the nickname.  Just don't overuse it."  I say.

  "Like you do mine?"  He sasses and puts on a blue shirt.

  "Yeah, anyway do you really know what?"  I ask, causing curiosity.

  "No I don't babe, I really don't."  Thomas says and puts on a pair of dress pants.

 "I love you so muchand I wouldn't trade you for anything in the entire world.  I'm so glad I have you."  I say walking closer to him.

  "I love you too, and I would never do anything to hurt you.  Even if Ava told me I had too."  Is he going to ever tell me the whole WCKD thing?  Maybe, but until then, I won't worry about it.

  "Ava?"  I ask.

  "Yeah, Teri won't let me tell you but I sure will.  Ava told me I could if I wanted to.  I have to, just maybe later."

A/N