Junghyun chuckles low at the way Hoseok gasps sharply. He forward even more and speaks in a menacing tone.

"Especially when his caring big brother's got your sister knocked up."

Hoseok snaps.

"Fucking let go of me!" Hoseok shouts, tearing himself away from the man and stumbling back, almost losing his balance. He breathes hard, rolling up his hands into fists and squeezing hard to not lose it and end up beating the man to a pulp in front of his confused sister. "I'm leaving."

"Hobi!" Dawon calls and goes after him, moving with difficulty to catch up with her brother as he stomps away.

She finds him in the guest room with his backpack already on his back and his suitcase in hand, ready to storm out of the house, and manages to catch his wrist just in time.

"Hobi, wait, please." She pleads and her voice instantly melts away Hoseok's boiling anger. He turns around slowly, gulping back his rage. "Why do you hate Junghyun so much? What did he say to you?"

"Nothing. I just don't like him."

"But why?" She insists. Hoseok's heart feels tight in his chest when he sees her brown eyes well up with tears. "I don't understand. I love him, he's a good man, I'm having his baby, Hoseok. Can't you at least try to be kind to him?"

Hoseok sighs, trying to ignore the way Junghyun is looking at him with a goddamn smug grin in his face. He wonders how Dawon never seems to notice the mischief in his eyes and guesses that love really does blind people.

"I'm sorry." He says softly, looking down at the heartbroken expression on Dawon's face. He has to hold on. "I'm really sorry, I've just been stressed with my job."

"I noticed, you always come back exhausted. You seem unhappy, Hobi, why don't you just quit?" Dawon suggests, gently stroking her little brother's arm.

"I..." Hoseok trails off, glancing up at Junghyun who looks like he's watching a hilarious comedy playing out, biting back a laugh. "I can't."

"But why--"

"I really have to go, Dawon. I still have a night shift in an hour." Hoseok cuts her off and plants a kiss atop her head before quickly slipping away. "Good night. I love you."

"I... love you too." She says quietly, wiping the tears off her face. "Take care."

On those words, Hoseok leaves without sparing Junghyun another glance. He walks silently past the very source of his nightmares, the reason for his misery, and acts like nothing ever happened. He has to. He doesn't have a choice.

He just needs her to be happy.

    Taehyung wakes up to an empty bed.
He sighs, blinking fast to try and adjust to the morning light and prays that mandatory isn't too soon because he reeks of blood, sweat and sex, and he needs a shower. He cranes his neck to look up at the desk and hisses from the sharp pang of pain the movement sends to his throat. His hand darts up to his neck and he traces the wound on it with gritted teeth, face distorting in pain and then in annoyance when he holds his hand up and sees the slight blood on his fingers. It's deep enough to not have completely closed up overnight, and he sighs as he thinks about how he came impossibly close to dying yesterday night.