9

My lips parted in shock. This place was huge, and astonishing.

It looked like an old building on the outside, but inside was a different story.

The walls were made of brick which gave it an old vintage vibe. It reminded me of that time I went to Soho in New York. There were booths and tables set up close to the entrance going up to the middle of the joint. There was a bar in the side that stretched throughout the whole place. The second half was a dance floor type place with couches set up against the walls to create space. People were sitting and eating, others were dancing, and some were drinking. It all looked so fun.

But then I remembered, I'm only seventeen, and I left my fake ID at the house, how would I drink!

I looked around and saw a lot of kids that looked around my age dancing and drinking which seemed odd to me.

Lorenzo walked up the the bartender and started shaking his hand, and started conversation.

My confusion probably radiated out of me because Veronica leaned in and said, "Lorenzo owns the place. Thanks to me, now Wednesday is an all teens night. No one above twenty two is allowed tonight, unless Lorenzo allows it."

I nodded finally understanding, then she leaned in again and spoke.

"The drinking age here is sixteen so take advantage tiger."

My whole face lit up as her sentence was like music to my ears.

Back at home sometimes, when the security didn't believe I was twenty three, I had to flirt and get all touchy to be allowed inside. It made me want to puke inside my mouth because they were mostly about thirty years old which was too old for me. I never do anything with anyone above twenty three, and its mostly so they buy me drinks. So hearing that the drinking age was sixteen definitely made my life easier. I mean, flirting and playing the guards like dolls was fun and all but it wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

We started walking towards the couches, making our way around the dozens of teenagers who were dancing their problems away. They all reeked of alcohol, mostly all with some sort of drink in their hand. They had sweat pouring from their forehead as they were moving, grinding and twerking to the beat of the deafening music. Ear to ear smiles plastered on their faces, obviously having the time of their lives.

That's the kind of fun I want to have tonight. That the kind of fun I will make sure I get.

Everyone sat down on the long couch, as Lorenzo approached us. I wanted nothing but to get up and start dancing, which is normally what I do, but it didn't feel right.

Lorenzo stood in front of us and gave us a warning look.

"Don't go crazy with the alcohol, especially you Vee," he raised his eyebrow at Veronica and she giggled.

Was he not going to mention guys? Or start a rant about not going all over every guy in here? This must be a miracle, Michael always mentioned guys.

As if reading my mind, Veronica once again leaned in and whispered, "they know better than to try and keep us away from the guys in this club. As long as you don't have sex on a table, they don't bother you. Might look at you weird, but they won't say a thing."

I looked at her and let out a small laugh.

"Now let's go get drunk!" She grabbed my hand and took me to the bar. I heard the guys laugh as I was being dragged away. I turned to see them a few feet from us, following us to the bar.

"Five shots of vodka, please kind sir." she smiled at the bartender who smiled back. I'm guessing they know each other.

"ID please ma'am," he said, obviously teasing.