Summerburst 2018, part 1 of 2

If you remember i was at Summerburst in Gothenburg 1-2 of June. I will now write my thoughts about it and so on, it will parted in two chapters because it was two days.

Day 1

It was insane hot, which meant that water was important. Drank more than 1.5 liters of water in the hotel before I went there. Worth. I got there around 3.40pm. Those I saw were👇

Caronline Roxy

I saw just over 20 min of her set. Totaly okay, mixing and mashups, but obviously worked. No more to say there right away.

The Him

I was excited to see them live. They had very good mixing and mashups, impressed. Was a little fun because one of them (they are two) went down to meet some of the audience who wanted them to come down. I felt I did not have to meet him or what to describe it as. But then he points to me and winks me and says "I saw you dance and sing along all the time. What's your name?". Was pretty shocked as well, said my name and said I liked their mixing. Then he said "First time on festival?" Which I said no and said the first time I saw them live and then I listened to their lives from SlamFM (Dutch radio station where DJs are visiting and playing short lives) and then he was very surprised. Was more he who wanted to take a picture with me and not the other way hhah. But really fun.

Albin Mayers + The Gang Gang Gang

Came to the end and be okay, not my kind of EDM if you say so but worked.

R3HAB

Was a bit unsure of what I would like, but he was actually better than I expected. A bit dull / bad mixing though but worked okay. Good mashups, though, it's hard when his songs and remixes are so well-known, making it harder for him to play what he wants when people expect a certain kind of level on him. Saw about 30 min of his set.

 Saw about 30 min of his set

Dannic

Now I will fangirl a little bit (read a lot). So I've been a big fan of Dannic over 4 years now and never had the chance to see him live until now. I know his tourmanger(Gideon) and we decided to meet so nothing strange. The funniest was actually when I stood the fence waiting for them to come out of the backstage (a tent on the side) and then they came out. Gideon saw me and waved right away, Daan (Dannic's real name) also waved but you could see that he was kind of unsure why he waved, like why or who I was. Haha sweetie. His set was on fleek as always, as he is among my top three DJs and producers for a reason. But very good, too sure.