❣ Chapter 35 ❣

Honestly, you wanted to slap yourself for leaving the Pro Hero behind. It was such a selfish move, running away and letting him handle those monsters all by himself.

    But hey! In your defense, you were going to find reinforcements. A.K.A. Denki. No doubt you guys were too far away from camp to call the others. So Mr. Pikachu will do fine.

      You took a sharp left turn, almost slipping but thank gods you didn't. Suppose it was the hormone called epinephrine that kept you upright and going despite the pain.

    Oh, how you hope your adrenal glands could keep up.

    "Denki!" you called out to the male as his blond hair came into view.

   It looks like he also has his hands full. Denki's face remained stern as if he didn't hear you calling out. With him were two figures about 4 or 5 feet tall. Well, at least they were smaller compared to the ones you've encountered.

   A black aura surrounded the two on their feet and ebony black hair flew in different directions as they chased short circuit guy around.

    Halting at a safe distance, you noticed how the Pikachu dude had a hard time with both of them.

    The male was also profusely sweating and you bet he was close to his limit.

   "Denki!" you called out again and finally this time the male looked at you. His eyes widened and dodged a millisecond late.

   "(____)! Where are the others?"

    "Shouto and I—" you announced but it came short as the two monsters shrieked and stopped attacking.

   Denki and you looked at the two claw their eyes out. Well, it looked like they were trying to remove their organ except said body part was already gone. Their shrill voice echoed around the halls.

    Imagine waking up to a high pitched alarm clock at like 5 in the morning. Or maybe compare it to a little kid playing the piccolo awfully. In short, it was just plain annoying.

     Electricity dude walked up beside you and watched the two creatures disappear into a puddle of dark abyss.

   "What the hell just happened?" Denki scratched his head in the process.

   "I don't know. But I have a really strong feeling that it was a villain's doing. . ." you breathed out the air you didn't know was being held.

      "Or that they were so embarrassed that a pretty girl like you outshone them," he then sent a playful wink in your direction. All you did was stare at him with dread, flabbergasted that Denki has the guts to flirt with you in such a situation.

    "You're dead to me," you joked back and impishly punched his arm. That served him right.

     You then recalled that Shouto was all alone fighting the monsters. "Ahh! Crap we need to get to Shouto quick!" without waiting for the blond, you sprinted off.

    Inside your head, you kept chanting hopeful words like "Oh, I wish he is still intact" or "He will never give up. Never gonna let us down. Never gonna run around and desert us."

     Okay, that last one was a stretch.

    Anyway, Denki tailed closely behind you whilst keeping a keen eye in case those creatures were following the two of you.

   A breath of relief escaped your mouth as the familiar room showed itself.

    About five meters of awesomeness, scratch that. About three meters ahead, you could hear the battlefield going on inside.