Chapter Eleven A Sacrifice Equals Protection

Slowly, Rin and I turned around. We each screamed in fear. Clarimonde stood before us. She smiled her sick, cruel smile. Rin held me close. He turned his head toward my ear.

"I will protect you, Sora." Rin whispered in my ear. My eyes widened in fear.

"No. No. Don't." I said distantly. But Rin squeezed my hand softly. Clarimonde began to walk toward us. Rin and I backed up. But that made Clarimonde smile all the more. Rain had begun to fall.

Then all of sudden Clarimonde lunged at me. Rin pushed me behind him and put himself in her path. Clarimonde shrieked and became angry. She grabbed Rin by the throat. Rin screamed and tightly shut his eyes in pain.

"Rin! Rin! No! Let him go! Let him go!" I shrieked as I looked at Clarimonde strangle the only thing that kept me alive this long. Rin opened his eyes and set them on me.

"No Sora. Run now." Rin said with as much strength as he had left. Then a sudden realization gripped me. I knew what I had to do. I dried my eyes and fixed them on Clarimonde.

"Hey you!" I screamed as I looked at her ugly, gashed face. Clarimonde looked at me her grip on Rin's throat weakened.

"You can say goodbye to your precious Rin now." Clarimonde whispered with venom in her voice. Her grip tightened once again on Rin's fragile throat.

"It's me you want isn't it? Leave him out of this. You need to kill me don't you?" I said loudly. Her grip weakened again.

"I will kill you!" Clarimonde shrieked as she fixed her eyes on me again.

"Then leave that sorry excuse of human, he isn't that strong at all. He won't satisfy your craving to kill. On the other hand, I'm much stronger. You'll have a lot more fun killing me slowly than you would killing him slowly." I challenged her.

"Yes you may be right." Clarimonde yelled threateningly.

"Yes, and once you kill me you'll be the most adored one ever." I said, I was willing to do anything to save Rin and this was the only way.

"Yes but, I won't be satisfied just by killing you slowly, I want you to feel the most painful thing in the world. I'm going to make your heart break and shatter first!" Clarimonde yelled. Then she tightened her grip on Rin's throat once again.

"Well, I'm not going to let you kill me! I will not die by your cruel hands!" I shrieked and then I ran towards the edge of the cliff.

"NO!!!! I must be the one to kill you! I will be the one to kill you!" Clarimonde yelled and I heard her drop Rin on the ground and that's exactly what I knew she would do. I heard Rin gasp for air. Then I flung myself off the edge of the cliff and plummeted to the sharp rocks waiting below. "Nooo!!!!" I heard Clarimonde yell. Then I felt myself hit the rocks and then everything went dark.