Chapter 8

I stood awkwardly in the living room doorway, feeling vulnerable. I felt the eyes of everyone on me. I wanted to smile, or wave, but I was frozen in fear. They all took in my appearance with shocked faces. I could already feel their resentment.
Sally was the first person to say something, but I could hear the force put into her words, "it's nice to finally meet you (y/n)."
I managed a small smile, and a nod. I saw something good flash in Sally's eyes...was it fear?
I felt sick to my stomach as a couple others mumbled quick 'h'lo's,'. Time passed awkwardly before Jeff finally grabbed my wrists and pulled me towards the staircase. My hearing picked up the voices in the living room, and my heart dropped.
"She looks so much like Zalgo...." someone whispered.
"Do you think she is dangerous?"
"Did you see her....she is exactly like him."
Someone agreed, "we can't trust her. She's probably working for him."
I looked at my feet, fighting back tears. Then I heard a boys voice.
"Guy's just give (y/n) a chance. You literally just met her and she didn't even say any thing."
I recognized the voice belonging to E.J. I took a mental note to thank him later. Jeff had pet go of my wrist and we walked together in silence up the sleek staircase.
"Why we're they like that?" I ask. When Jeff didn't acknowledge my question I repeated myself.
"You shouldn't blame them for being scared," he snapped, glaring darkly at me.
I sighed. Here we go again.
"Zalgo has constantly hurt us, tortured us, made us do things we never wanted to do! We are all terrified of him." He paused chest heaving with anger. I looked down. Wanting to shut him out because I knew what he was going to say next.

"They have every right to ignore you, and hate you. After all, you are Zalgo's daughter." Jeff sneered, glaring at me.

I held back tears as they threatened to spill out of my eyes, but Jeff still saw the pain in my eyes.

"I'm sorry-" He said starting to apologize as his hand found my waist, but i yanked myself away. I slowly shook my head.

Jeff nodded understandingly and backed away, "Your room is the last door on the left."

I watched him leave and i couldn't help feeling satisfied at his sudden weakness. I felt too numb to think anymore about it, and i turned to the direction of the room. my tongue was sticking to the roof of my mouth, and i realized that he was right.

He's right

The voices in my head began to taunt me with a sinister tone.

Your so much like Zalgo

You and I both know it

You are HIM!

"Stop." I hissed, and the voices were gone.

I stood in the middle of the room, scanning over its beauty that I had no taste for. The walls were a clean crisp white except for the wall that was all window, giving me a view of the entire meadow. I gazed blandly at the elaborate furniture. Queen sized bed with a black comforter and red embroidery, two black nightstands on either side of the bed, and a plush black carpet. I sat on the bed, immediately sinking an inch into the mattress.

I scanned the room one last time, and cried.

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts, as i was curled up in the comforter, I had covered my head as it was lost in the many pillows.