18 | Revati

E L L I E

"Can I taste it?" I muttered as I peered into Alec's plate. Our eyes interlocked and for a split second I believed that he would have said yes. . .until he burst out laughing. "No!" He exclaimed as he shoved the fork of roasted chicken into his mouth. "What?" I was genuinely offended, "you monster!"

"Hey," he chuckled as his hands raised above his head in surrender, "I may have been nice to you for the past few days but I don't gotta be nice all the time. Some things need to be done in moderation. That's how the world works. It's the cycle of life."

"Just give her a piece of chicken. It was like twenty dollars anyways. Trust you to choose the cheapest item on the menu as if you don't have money." Lizzie commented as she tore her attention away from her plate. Alec leaned back with a bewildered expression on his face.

"And what does it say about me if I order the most expensive thing just because I have money? You know some people can't even afford to come to restaurants like this. Be grateful our asses can." He fired back, silencing her up in a matter of seconds.

I mean he does have a point, she can't really refute that. The two lapsed into what I can only describe as a common country gun showdownesque glaring contest. "I can't believe you guys are fighting over bloody chicken," Stewart scoffed in disbelief as he leaned across us.

He grabbed the fork off Alec's plate and stabbed it into a piece. Without meeting Alec's obvious baffled expression and Lizzie's amused gaze, he lowered the now stolen piece into my plate. "Problem solved. You two will look for anything to argue about will you?"

"Sounds like some people I know," Jason coughed under his breath before he stifled his poor throat with a piece of steak. This restaurant truly is pricy and neither of us have discussed the payment plan but I'm automatically inclined to believe we're all leaving on separate checks here.

Alec is right.

Our parents have incredibly well paying jobs and we have this amazing financially stable life that allows us to eat in a four star restaurant. I don't like to say it out loud much but we're privileged as hell! And neither Alec nor I have ever flaunted that before but Lizzie on the other hand. . .well I can't say much for her.

90% of the town we live in are made up of rich individuals with high end jobs in the government, medical, law and countless six figure paying fields. So being surrounded by this lifestyle isn't anything new. Yet, I've learnt to appreciate it many times over.

"You better not be throwing shade at me, asshole." Skylar exclaimed as she pelted a piece of radish at Jason's face. "So," she swivelled her eyes towards us, "are you two dating?" She asked, motioning towards Alec and I.

For some reason, as if the question had triggered a switch within us all–we were thrusted into a simultaneous coughing fit. As I doubled over, choking on my pasta, I felt a hand on my back softly patting. "Yep, tonight has officially been the limelight of my year," Stewart muttered.

"Unfortunately!" I squeaked as my hand lowered down onto Alec's back. He didn't seem to have recovered from his fit so I slammed my palm against his back, propelling him back into reality. "This is my twin brother! And I have to say your comment has truly traumatized me."

Harry laughed, "you scarred the poor girl and her brother. Look at his face, he looks like he saw a ghost!" Skylar waved him off, "I just asked because him and Xavier have been hovering over you all night. I'd known if you were Xavier's girlfriend and since you're clearly not that left him."