12 | Lesath

E L L I E

In the event that I listen to Lizzie and follow her advice, one of these two outcomes always occurs; I instantly regret it, rightfully so, considering the fact that I usually pay the repercussions for whatever it is she advised me to do. Or two; her advice was valid, and it benefited me in the end. In this case, I wasn't sure which category I currently fell into.

"Why, why, why," I groaned as I slammed my forehead down onto the table repeatedly, wallowing in despair. Stewart's hand lowered on my back. He caressed it softly, a look of concern etched into his face. "What's wrong, love?" What's wrong!? What's wrong is I told Taylor I liked Xavier.

Yes, yes, I did it, and I instantly regretted it. Lizzie told me to trust her and unfortunately, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and I did. Now there's a possibility Taylor might question Xavier about my 'potential' feelings for him, and I'd be caught in the headlights.

Why did I do that!? I'm a horrible human being. I halted what could have been a great relationship between him and Taylor. Who knows, they probably would have gotten married, have three kids, and one of those kids could have become the Prime Minister of Canada one day. Did I rob my country of a potential Prime Minister!?

"Oi, snap out of it, okay, stop beating yourself up. I did you a favour." Lizzie said as she slumped down onto the bench opposite Stewart and I. I didn't need to voice my inner turmoil right now, it was written all over my face.

"Your lover bird is approaching," she teased as her eyes shifted past my head, staring off into the distance. Stewart who was as equally as mortified as I was grabbed me by the shoulders, his beady brown eyes wide, "you and Xavier??"

"No. . .No." Lizzie nodded her head vigorously, "NO!" Something shifted behind me as a shadow suddenly cast over the table, enveloping me in its dark open arms. The arms of Xavier Guzman of course; the person who was hovering over me, their lips beside my ear, trident scented breath fanning against my cheek, "no what?"

I recoiled in shock, a loud unpleasant nervous laughter bursting through my lips as I peered up at him. Before I could respond–if I even could– Alec appeared beside him, a tray of food in his hand, "I wasn't gonna come sit with you losers but Xavier insisted I did because he has something important to ask us."

"That's not true, I said if you want to come you can, I never insisted," Xavier stated matter of factly as he slumped down beside me, a boyish smile lingering on his lips as he acknowledged me. I snapped my eyes away from him quickly, ignoring the rapid palpitations of my heart.

Lizzie flashed me a knowing look.

"Shut up dude, I'm tryna look cool!" Alec fired back as he propped himself onto the lunch table, his legs hiking on the bench. "That's where people sit you untamed imbecile, get your feet off!" Lizzie squealed as she violently kicked Alec's legs off the bench, tipping him over like a teapot.

I stifled a peal of laughter but chose to ignore their usual on-schedule banter. Knowing Lizzie likes Alec, I wonder how he feels. I mean I always joked about him crushing on her but that's all it was...a joke. What if it's true? "Anyways what Alec said was partly true. I do have something to ask you guys.

Now I know we've only known one another for two weeks now, and we aren't all that close yet so don't feel weird about this or make it go to your heads. This is gonna sound insensitive but if you guys decline what I'm about to offer you I might as well have just given it to a bunch of strangers to go enjoy themselves."

"Cut to the chase, you idiot," Alec muttered impatiently with a mouthful of fries. Xavier then reached for something in his bag before revealing a set of what appears to be tickets, "these are five day pass tickets to Canada's wonderland. I also rented out an Airbnb and it's non-refundable.