Chapter 50 - Client

Magsimula sa umpisa

"No." I said plainly.

"Why not?"

"Just no."

I'm limiting our meet ups as much as possible and accepting his offer means I have to deal with him more than now. And also, meaning I have to meet his parents and his whole family. God! I can already imagine the horror.

Who knows what they thought of me. A girl who broke their sons heart or worst is if he said something about me.

"At least give me a reason or else hindi kita titigilan. My parents had been looking for someone pero wala silang magustuhan."

"Paano kung hindi rin nila ako magustuhan. Nope, I won't do it."

"Just try." He gave me a smile no one can resist.

I looked away fighting the urge to say yes.

His smile grew wider.

Damn it!

"Fine." I said.

"In one condition." I added hastily. "I'm not dealing with you."

He frowns. "Ganon mo ba talaga ako ayaw makausap?"

I hesitate before answering, "Hindi naman. But I'm serious when it comes to my work."

Pain flashed across his eyes for a moment. "You don't think I'm serious enough to be dealing with you?"

I don't answer.

"How about this? I promise to be serious when dealing with you. I promise to only face you with my business like face. Only when I'm meeting you as your client but if not, then I'll be annoying as ever. Deal?"

I had to think and analyze everthing he said very carefully because one wrong move will be my downfall.

"Okay congrats you cut yourself a deal."

He even held his hands out. I took it and smiled.

xx

I think I just dig my own grave. How can I face his parents after what happened to us? Eris called me asking for a meet up. Just over lunch nothing fancy.

Ang sabi niya nakausap na niya ang parents niya and they agreed but still they want to meet me first. Maybe to see what kind of person their son is getting a deal with.

I rummaged through my wardrobe and couldn't find a single thing to wear and I'm getting late. Nagbook na ako ng grab habang nagaayos pero dahil rush hour wala akong makuha.

Shit.

I went to my last resort. I called Eris and asked for a favor.

Went I got inside his car he gave me an I told you so look.

"Don't say anything. Just drive." I warned.

He shrugged and pushed his foot to the gas pedal.

"By the way, you look good today." He said when we were waiting for the stoplight.

I'm wearing my lucky dress today. I don't know why I found the need to wear this but I just feel comfortable wearing this if I'm meeting his parents for the first time.

"Thanks." That's the time I got a look on his outfit. "You don't look bad yourself."

Eris, on the other hand is wearing a dark blue button down polo while sleeves folded up to his elbow. And he does look really mature and handsome.

"Wag ka masyado tumitig. Baka mainlove ka." He teased.

Been there, done that. And never again.

"The light's green." I said instead.

I can tease him back. It's easy with Eris. Talking to him makes me happy and nostalgic but there's a line that I don't want to cross. I can't go down that road again.

His parents are already there waiting for us. Their back to us and I could somehow see Eris from his Mom. The way they both brings themselves.

Here goes nothing.

Eris guided me toward them and whispered to me at the last minute. "Relax. I got you."

Turns out na endorse na ako ni Eris and they searched the events I'm in and they like it. Walang halong bias just because I'm a friend of Eris they said. And it's all good. We talked about the motif and what they wanted to see and any special requests.

I keep glancing at Eris to see if he's going to make some remarks but he just listens and suggest ideas which is really good I must say.

After the discussion they even apologized that they have to leave early for another meeting.

I'm kind of disappointed because I had so much fun exchanging ideas with them. And they are really nice.

"So.. am I serious enough for you?" Eris tilted his head at me.

And there he goes ruining the moment.

"Now that I met your parents I wonder where you get that attitude."

He snorted. "Don't believe my Mom. She's an actress!"

"Whatever you say." I looked at my phone and there's a text from Rachel. I chuckled at myself. She is looking for me everywhere and I realize that I forgot to tell her about this meeting of mine.

She's going to be ecstatic once I break this news to her.

"I need to go." I said.

Hindi niya ako naririnig dahil sa phone ko siya nakatingin. Nakakunot ang noo niya at nandoon ang lahat ng atensyon niya.

I reach across the table to pat him. "Aalis na ako. That was Rachel kailangan ko nang bumalik."

His brow raised and suddenly he's a ray of sunshine again.

"Guess you'll be seeing more of me from now on."

"I guess so. See you around, Eris." Napangiti ako.

God! This guy is insufferable.