O8

Jordan

"Okay Alex, what's going on?" I asked over the phone while cooking a dish of shrimp and chicken Alfredo. My mom flew into town today and she's supposed to be coming by. She wanted to stay in a hotel but I wasn't having it. My house is also her house so she's welcomed at any time and she knows that. She just likes giving people their space when she feels like they need it. Only SOMETIMES though.

"Nothing." She responded back. I rolled my eyes at her attitude that she's been had lately. She haven't been texting, calling, or doing her random drop by's at my house. I text her, she doesn't answer back. I call her, She doesn't call me back. I ask her to come by so we can have a girls talk. She doesn't respond back. Now I'm quite frankly tired of this bullshit she's pulling.

"What's your problem sis? Because obviously I sense the fact that you're mad at me. I've done nothing to you but try to reach out and be a good friend because I'm feeling a whole lot better in my life. I want to talk to you about that and you're just ignoring me like I came into your house and pissed all on your floors and shit. So what's really going on?" I said all in one breath. I was pissed, hell.

"I think I'm pregnant, Jordan." She said and my heart dropped.

"Are you serious?" I asked repositioning the phone as I turned my food off. Chris then, came into view from somewhere in my house. Snaking his arm around my shoulder & kissing my forehead.

"Bitch I'm scared. I'm not ready for all of this just yet." She told me, her voice now cracking.

"Who's that?" Chris asked referring to my phone. After picking up one of the shrimps out the pan eating it. Smacking his hand away I began to curse him.

"Alex, and keep your nasty hands out of my food fat ass." I responded back ready to finish the convo me and Alex had started.

"Hey Ally!!" Chris yelled hovering over me. Giggling I reached to mush his head back.

"I really think you should come over Alex. I miss you and Nala. It's so much I have to tell you guys." I smiled thinking of it.

"Y'all gone be talking about me?" Chris chimed in.

"You wish." I rolled my eyes at him. What I really wanted to tell Alex was something Chris didn't even know about. I got this gig at Fashion Week and I couldn't be any more happier. My pieces were submitted in and I'm headlining the show with my line and I cannot wait. Dare is what my line was called. Dare to be beautiful. Dare to be yourself. Dare to be brave.

It was my grandma's line that she never got to launch. I'm glad that I'll be launching it for her in her honor. She's not dead, she's just very elderly.

"Okay.... That's fine honey.....Love you more.... see you later." I said after hanging up the conversation that Alex and I couldn't finish because of a nosy Chris.

"I really wished you'd mind your business Maurice." I said nudging his stomach. He took a step back and chuckled.

"You are my business, Marie." He said reaching in to eat another shrimp.

"Chris!" I exclaimed pushing him away.

"I'm just playing, making you mad is just so funny to me." He said pulling onto my cheeks. Slapping his hand away, I heard the doorbell ring. Then my phone.

"This is Jordan, hello?" I spoke without looking at caller ID. Hearing Chris burst into laughter, I rolled my eyes, then flipped him the bird.

"Girl open this door, I am tired and it's hotter than a hoe in church out here." The voice said and in an instant I knew it was my Ace boom coon. My mama. Running towards the door, I opened it and greeted her with hugs and kisses.