Crazy, or Possibly Insane.

Chapter Two:  “Crazy, or Possibly Insane.”

I turned around to look at my dad.  “What is it?  I need to get to school, so can this be quick?”  

He chuckled.  “Of course.  Um, it was just that your creative writing teacher called me yesterday after you got home from school, and she said that you haven’t been paying too much attention in her class lately.  She told me that she was slightly worried about you, and frankly, so am I.”  He smiled, and put his hands on his hips.  “I mean, you always pay full attention in creative writing, and then come and brag to me later on about how much you enjoyed it.  But, you haven’t done that once in the past week or so.  So, I’ve gotta ask, what’s going on, girly?”

I chuckled a little nervously.  

Oh crap, they noticed.  What am I supposed to say?  Gaaa!

“U-um, it’s nothing really.  I’ve just had a lot on my mind lately, that’s all.  I’m still  learning new things in class, so it’s all good.  Don’t worry.”

He gave me a look that said, ‘Yeah right … That’s very believable.’.  Then he sighed, and shook it off from the looks of it.  “Whatever, just don’t start failing your classes, alright?”

“I would never.  I’m not that kind of person.”

He slightly laughed.  “I should hope not.  Well, anyways.  Have a good day at school.”  He waved at me.

Yeah, sure.  Like that’ll ever happen.

I smiled.  “Will do,”  I lied, and then walked out of the house.  

Damn.  I didn’t think I’d been getting that lost in my thoughts lately.  Much less, didn’t think it was that noticeable.  I thought to myself, getting in the car.  

I sighed.  

“Well, I guess there’s no point in worrying about it right now.”  I said, starting the car up, and proceeded to drive away, and on to school.

Once there, I dealt with the usual.  Everyone ignoring me.  

Ha, I was silly thinking that there might be even a slight chance that today would be different than all the rest.  I guess I really am a dumbass, huh?

I sighed, heading to my creative writing class.  But, it didn’t matter.  No amount of sighing would do me any good.  I was always going to be ignored, so long as I went to this school anyway.

Sitting down at my desk, I propped my elbow up, and rested my head in my hand.  I sighed once again, while looking out the window on the other side of the classroom.  

Why though?  I didn’t even think it was possible to get ignored this much …  It’s really not fair …

But, I had to wonder.  What would it be like if I wasn’t ignored?  I’ve imagined it many, many times before.  And every time, I saw myself getting overly shy, and run off like an idiot whenever someone tried talking to me.

So, the fact of the matter is.  I’ll have to work towards being noticed, yes.  But!  Before that, I obviously need to do something about my shyness.  

But how?  That’s what I’d like to know.

I let out a quiet, yet aggravated sigh as I focused my attention to the other students who were walking into class.  

Everyone of them acted as if I wasn’t even there.

I frowned.

Really idiots … I’m right here.  In the first row.  Right across from Miss Nelson's desk!  How in the hell can y’all not see me?!