Chapter 8

"The strength was always in you. All you had to do was find it."

*******************

Priya's POV:

i am wondering how to start the conversation with Rani's  mom. she is already angry over me for not letting her know about Rani's love life.

now add to that, i hide Ajay's affair too. yeah. right. if i am right, ajay might have told his parents about his love Anjali. i just hope he didn't tell them i knew about this.

it's been weeks but noone has called and informed me about what's going on over there. i am worried as i seriously want to make amends for all that happened.

suddenly my mobile starts ringing, nd guess what , it's from rahul's house.

"hello" - I answered.

Karan uncle  spoke "  Priya beti,  we wanna speak to you something important. can you come home now? "

"yeah sure uncle. but when did you and aunty returned from UK?"

" we came last night. rest we can speak when we meet. come soon."

Iam about to ask about aunty but disconnected the call.

I will go there and find myself. god save me.

the only person i fear is Meenakshi aunty. she is very traditional, reserved type.

i told Rani that her parents called me and i am going to meet them. then i will go to office from there.

since Khushi hasn't come down , I asked Rani to inform her.

Rani's POV:

wow! my parents came back. hope they will accept me. i missed them a lot all these years.

my parents didn't accept my marriage as they didn't expect it would happen.

well , for now i got to plan to bring Priya out of her ego .

i don't think Khushi will agree to do what i think. i have to trick her for that.

after sometime, Khushi came down and asked about Priya.

i said " she left to work"

Khushi pouted " i haven't seen her till now. what's going on di? any problem"

"no.my parents came back. so she went to see them. that's all"

Khushi mumbled "ok, she could have atleast told me before she went"

" Khushi  , shall we play Angry Birds ?" i asked.

" ok di. "

i said " if i win, you will do whatever i say for the next 4 days. is that ok for you?"

then Khushi raised her eyebrow "  condition? why? are you into something fishy?"

  " why, are you sacred, choti ? so deal or no deal?"

Khushi thought for a moment and said " deal. I am in "

poor Khushi! little did she know what she has got herself in for.

Khushi's POV:

i don't know she is really good at that game. how silly of me to accept her terms. i just want her to be happy.

i thought she was joking so i agreed. i am not at all good at playing any games.but  nobody can beat me in running. i am addicted to it for my di doesn't allow me to hang out.

so , we started playing. after both played a game , she won.

Rani di screamed" i won. i won" excitingly.

"yeah, you won. keep your voice little down.what will maids think? " i told her.

" so as i said earlier, tomorrow be ready." Rani di announced .

" are you serious all this time? i thought you were joking. weren't you?" i enquired.

" no. not at all" she replied determined.

'well then as you wish ' i gave in.

"but don't let your di knew any of this"

" ok. di but my project evaluation comes in two days.  can i  go there atleast?" i said suddenly remembering it.

" yeah. you can ,choti.are you seriously like this? " she said laughingly .

i too smiled at the same time wondering what 's gonna happen.

then i went to my room to call Maya. a lot has happened and i didn't tell her anything.

i called her and she picked up in second ring.

"hi" was all i said.

she started her own story and gossip about  bollywood. what a great friend to have.

" then i forgot to tell you something. " she said.

" what was that"

" my parents have find me a suitable groom . he fulfils my criteria. "

"oh, really . i am so happy for you. so what's his name ?"

"Aman" she said.

then i told her what all happened yesterday , she found it too hard to beleive it.

then we both decided to meet at city center in the evening. she said she will come with her fiancee.

then i hung up the call.

********************