Chapter 4

"I don't know how to stop the atrocities. I don't know how to make people care. But looking into my sister's eyes, we seem to have carved out something between us that none of the madness can touch. Invisible threads."

********************

Rani's POV:

It's been a week since I came to Priya's house. Priya bought me a brand new iphone5s. I messaged to Vikram from that number. I asked him not to give my number to Vijay unless he asks him. Vikram also asked me to somehow bring Khushi to a Jewellery shop anyday, anytime and inform him. He wanted to buy her engagement ring as per her wish. How nice of him!

Sadly, Khushi hasn't spoken to me after that night. she is still angry at me. but I didn't get her wrong. She doesn't know about anything.

Maybe if I tell her about what happened at that time, she will understand and talk with me . I can't see her like this. I love her too like Priya. She is my little sister too.

Priya went to Delhi four days before. She told me to take care of Khushi and also instructed Khushi to not step out of house alone without informing me. Khushi only went out once with our maid that too to mall .

Since returning from mall, she seems miserable and something other than me and my stay here has been bothering her. I can see confusion in her eyes. Priya was busy with her work in Delhi and will return tonight. I am wondering whether to tell her or not.

no. I can't tell her and let her scare Khushi more. I will just have a chat with Khushi and find it myself.

Khushi's POV:

It's been a tough four days for me. No, not because of Rani di, it's all due to Rahul.

Did  he really cheat di? I thought he loves her. Is it my mistake to still believe him?

My dilemma started when I saw Rahul's childhood friend Danny in a shopping mall accidently. I have seen him in many photos with Rahul on his laptop but never met him before. so I went to greet him.

When I went in front of him, Danny is angry on seeing me. Before I could even introduce myself, he started to walk away. How mean!  But still I followed him and overtook him,  " hi, you are Danny right . I am khu ."

" Khushi ,heir of Gupta industries Right. I know. How could I not remember you. It's because of your wealth and your sister, Payal is suffering. How could you and your sister do this? Being a girl , you should've known about a girl's pain."

I interrupted him." Wait, what do you mean? And who is this Payal? I never even heard of that name before. What did we do wrong?" I asked him angrily.

Danny spat " what? You don't know what you did. But Rahul said you knew everything and still agreed to him be with Priya."

"well. For one, I don't know what you are talking about. secondly, he never said anything about Payal. Can you please tell me what's going on exactly? He went to London before a week and hasn't even replied any of my calls. " I asked him.

Danny looked at me in shock, as if he realized I am not aware of anything . He tried his best to hide what he was trying to say and leave. But ,I didn't let him go. Finally he gave up and told me the reason for his outburst.

"Payal and Rahul were so in love during their college days in London. Rahul came to India after making Payal believe that he is going to tell his parents about Her and marry her. But after seeing Priya, he changed totally. He is spellbound by her beauty and broke up with Payal without even informing her. But Payal was 4 months pregnant then and she was planning to tell him on his birthday the next month so she kept it as a secret. Eventually Rahul didn't come back,  Payal was heartbroken but decided to keep the baby and not to bother Rahul. She now has a 4 year old boy named him Rohan. "

What Rahul has a son!!
Danny paused for a while. I gestured him to continue.

"Rahul came to know about Rohan only last month and came to see them in London. Even I thought, he has changed and came there to take them back in his life. But he's not. He just offered a large sum of money as settlement and asked her not to come in his life. He went onto tell about you. Payal was taken aback by his words. The man who she loved, trusted and waited has betrayed her. He even told us , you are aware of all of this and has no problems. Cheater. I don't think he loves your di either. So don't believe him. " he finished.

No, It can't be. The Rahul I know will never do this. 

Danny left after speaking ill of Rahul .I can't believe what he said for he avoided looking at me in eyes on number of occasions. I am sure he' s hiding something. so ,I asked for his number and address . he gave and left.

Strangely, I don't feel bad about Rahul. The only thing that is nagging me though is why Rahul went to London without telling me. We speak almost everyday but no calls from him this week. what if Danny said are all true. no Khushi, stop thinking like it.
I will not believe Danny. there must be something wrong. Someone trying to defame Rahul. Yes , it has to be like that. So, I decided to wait until I meet Rahul again.

I got lost in my own thoughts till I heard a knock on my room door.

It's Rani di.

"now what do you want?" I asked irritated. I am already in a lot of confusion. this woman doesn't seem to understand.

" Khushi, I treat you like my own sister then why are you doing like this. Will you do this to Priya?" she asked unfazed.

how dare she compare herself with my di? I clenched my fists in anger.

" you and my di are not same. Infact poles apart. So, just go. I don't want to see your face. " I said through gritted teeth.

Rani di is now seriously losing patience," will you just shut up and listen to me once?" she yelled.

"no way "
" stop being childlish. You're testing my patience level." She warned me.
" oh, I am scared. Go away before I say something bad." I replied in the same tone. She sighed.

" please listen to me , only once,Khushi. I will tell you what exactly happened on that day after you have your lunch. I promise.  You are not eating properly since I came here. I am feeling guilty. with Priya not around, it's getting worse. You will fall ill soon. Now come on" she requested me.

" why can't you understand? I don't want to have lunch with you and I don't have time to listen to your lies. Now, get out from here." I said and about to slam the door at her face. But her leg stopped me from doing that.

"words aren't gonna work with you. Priya is right about you. Also  I am sorry for what I am going to do. but you left me no option. you haven't eat anything from yesterday. Please forgive me! " with that, she just slapped me and dragged to the dining table while I am still in shock.
Rani Di actually slapped me.

We silently ate our lunch. Sometimes I hate myself for giving up and let others control me.

She mumbled sorry again and again . I nodded slightly.

Vijay's POV:

I heard that Rani came back last week. I waited in the street end of Priya's house to see her alone. but she didn't come out, not even once.

I literally gave up . I thought of asking Vicky but my ego didn't allow to do it. Then only I remembered Khushi's birthday is in 2 months. I can see everyone officially.

I know Priya thinks me as a bad guy after my divorce and she's scared of marrying Khushi to Vikram.

I didn't do anything wrong, Priya. If only you believed me Priya, none of this would have happened. Rani wouldn't have betrayed me.
Everyone,will be living happily together.

********************

Picture in the media is Vijay.

please comment and vote.

Your feedbacks are highly appreciated.