Chapter 3

Khushi's POV:

Apart from my di took my car key and license along with me being forbidden from going alone to places, this week has gone without any significant incidents.

However , I didn't see Rahul this whole week. Last time , he called me to inform me  that he has some urgent work in UK and he will tell me all the details after he comes back.

There is a guy who follows me everywhere I go in his imported bike . I didn't get to see his face as he always has his helmet on.

He's been following me for years. Some days , he won't be there. I didn't care much about his presence as it doesn't bother me for he always maintain to stay at a distance and never mind of disturbing me at all. So, I thought maybe di has arranged him to have an eye on me.

Also I still got one more day to be officially done with MBA. yes. Just one more day. final project evaluation will be done in coming week.

I got to say this to di. she will be very happy. so, I went straight to our office . ofcourse, no one stopped me. I went straight to my di's cabin. Her secretary Kiran told me to wait as di is at an meeting with marketing team. whatever it is, better get over soon.

Priya's POV:

After the meeting, I came inside my cabin and see Khushi yawning in couch.
" what madam? Feeling sleepy huh?" I asked playfully.

She rubbed her eyes and replied " no di, I did yoga."
" eh?"
" anyways I came to tell you this. My project is done and I am submitting it nextweek. After that , I want to work . please don't say no. " she pleaded which caught me off guard as she very well know that she has major stakes in this concern. She can easily overpower me.

I agreed as I don't want to disappoint her. But I know it's very much unlikely as Vikram will not agree. She hugged me . When I sat on the couch, she immediately lay on my lap.

I forgot to tell her about Rani's arrival from US. Rani went there right after her divorce with Vijay for her job. Though I insisted her to stay with us, she left without even informing me.

"Khushi"

"hmm"

"Rani is coming today."

with that she just stand up and walked towards the door not wanting to argue. I stopped her and said "I know you are still upset with Rani . but it's not her fault. she too was a victim . Also she has been staying away from everyone all these years. Think about your Meenamma and Karan uncle who are longing to see her though they didn't tell . Even Ajay and Rahul, They are hiding their feelings for us."

" di. please don't bring her back to our house. I beg of you." her voice trembling .

"Try to understand, Khushi.  I want to unite her with her family and bring her agony to an end."

" then what about us, di? we lost our dad. you lost your happiness. you were never the same di, I used to see while growing up. how could you just forgot and forgive everything? maybe you got a big heart but not me. I don't want her in our house or in our lives ever." She replied.

Now what she said made me angry. I don't want her to feel sad for me.

" whether you like it or not, she's coming and will be staying with us. so, be respectful towards her. when I am not angry or upset about her, I don't think it will be appropriate for you  to be angry. She's also a sister to you like me.." I said in warning tone.

Khushi cried and frustration written all over her face.

" ok fine.  I agree, not for her but for you . And she's not my sister."