chapter 5

"A sister is God's way of proving He doesn't want us to walk alone"

 ***

Rani's POV:

After having lunch, I took her inside the room that I am staying and we sat opposite to each other.

" so what do you want to say?make it fast. I need to go." Khushi asked disinterestedly.

I don't know where to start." Khushi, it's not what you think happened on that day. me,Priya and Vijay were best friends since childhood which you already know. we are always seen together. Ajay too was our gang . but don't know when, me and Vijay started to love each other. We confessed and are happy but unaware of all this, your dad and Vijay's mom decided to marry Vijay and Priya and to announce it on her birthday. when they told us, we were all in shock. However Priya had absolutely no intention to get married at that time but she's unable to stop your dad as he won't go back on his words.

As days neared, me and Vijay decided to split up on our own and go on with our respective lives. while talking about this at night , a day before that engagement day, Priya caught us and asked us to spill the beans . We both then told her about our love for each other . She too is stunned but wished us instead of getting angry. She also asked us to run away and get married , then come back after an week  as nobody can do anything then for which we objected. But she made us agree and send us." I explained her.

Khushi's POV:

" what we did wrong though was showing up there that day itself. It was because of my insistence, Vijay took me there.You only saw us came back married. but it happened with your sister's wish. I know what we did was unacceptable but I didn't backstab my friend like you think." Rani di said while crying .

I can't believe what I am just hearing. I still remember that day. I was so sad that day . I brought a brand new handycam to shoot the events but with disappointment, I left it in my dad's room cupboard opposite to his bed at night . It's advanced one at that time. It immediately saves every half an hour of video if we left it on.

" I am sorry di. I thought you did it intentionally. I don't know any of this . Also di didn't said anything about this.please forgive me for being mean to you . "

I then kneeled infront of her and placed my head on her lap. " I am sorry, really sorry di . I hurt you with my harsh words and behaviour. will you forgive me?"

She hugged me back and whispered " I never took you wrong, choti. So, no need to ask for forgiveness. also I missed you a lot. you have grown a lot."

" I also missed you."  I replied.
Then I enquired about what happened that night and how my dad died.

Rani di continued "well your dad was apparently very angry and wanted to severe ties with Priya. He refused to speak with her. He also asked my mom to take you away from Priya. on hearing that, Priya broke down. so, Vijay went to meet your dad to calm him and also to explain the situation. After Vijay came down, we heard a noise , so we all went upstairs to see your dad. There your father lay motionless, he died due to his respiratory problem, not able to grab the inhaler in time. Priya was angry and blamed Vijay  for Yash uncle death. she said " had you not told him everything, he would been alive." but Vijay said that he was fine all this while. Priya never believed him. Priya is still angry with Vijay . After that they both stopped talking to each other. She doesn't want to have any connection with them . but fate has other plans with you being " she stopped abruptly without telling more.

" me being , what?" I asked.

" nothing. you will know when the time comes. " she replied . I just nodded.