Chapter 49

Song of the Day - Shania Twain - You're Still The One

***

A V A 

I open my eyes and standing beside my bed is Elijah holding a birthday cake. Well... at least I think it's a birthday cake...

I jump when I see him. "Happy birthday girl," He sniffs. "Oh my God, my girl is nineteen, I can't believe this... I can't-- hold on for one moment," He says, resting the cake on my bedside table and fanning his face with both his hands, trying not to cry.

Of course I knew he was going to do the most. I roll my eyes at him and smile.

"Okay, blow out your candles and come eat your birthday breakfast that I made for you because we have a busy day." He picks up the cake.

"Hurry along now." He sniffs holding the cake, waiting for me to blow out the candles.

I think he made the cake which explains his attire of a dirty shirt and pyjama pants. My cake doesn't really look edible or even cooked for the matter but I give him a big smile and blow out my candles, still grateful that he tried.

"Happy birthday girl." He smiles at me.

"Thanks Elijah. You're the best friend any girl can ask for." I say giving him a hug. He rubs my back.

"Now come eat breakfast, I made waffles. And when I mean, "I made waffles", I mean the toast-able ones, Eggos." He says and I laugh kicking off the blanket on top of me and getting Betty on, before getting up to go brush my teeth. I follow him out of my room.

***

"Elijah." Scott says when Elijah answers the door.

"Ugh, Scott," Elijah says in return looking a tad bit irritated.

"Happy birthday Ava!" Scott says bumping Elijah on purpose before coming over to give me a hug.

"Thank you," I say hugging him in return.

"I got you something." He hands me a very large pink gift bag with a white pretty bow on it. I smile at him, opening up the bag.

"Oh please! We all know my birthday gift is gonna be better than--" Elijah starts to say but I stop him with a gasp.

"Scott, you didn't..."

"Oh yes, I did." He flashes me a smile.

Inside the bag contains clothing from his company.

"It's the new line. It hasn't come out in all the Marked! stores yet. You're the very first person to get the new clothing line.

"Oh my god, thank you!" I exclaim dropping the bag and giving him a hug. When I release him, we turn to Elijah who is giving Scott a death glare.

***

"Keep your eyes closed." Elijah tells me.

"Well, I can't see anything. You put a blindfold on me, remember?"

"Be quiet, smart mouth. We are almost there." He says and I roll my eyes underneath the blindfold.

"I know you're rolling your eyes at me, you little witch bitch."  He says and I try not to laugh as he continues to guide me.

"Okay, stop." He says and I do.

"Ready?" He asks excitedly.

I shake my head. "Uh huh."

He unravels the blindfold but I keep my eyes close.

"Open your eyes." He says. When I do, I gasp.

"SURPRISE!" Elijah and a room full with people say.