Chapter 6

Okay, Pause. What the hell did I do?

I quickly run to the door and grab the plate of pizza. I then stuff the whole slice into my mouth.

Fat ass. My subconscious says to me, but I ignore her. I was hungry. No, that was way off. I was starving.

I haven't eaten since... Wait a minute?

"Noah?!" I yell out his name.

Noah dashes into my room, holding a gun, and he ends up in front of me.

"What?!" He yells.

"Um..what's today's date? Is it still..."

"No. It's Friday. You were unconscious for 24 hours." He says while putting the gun into his waistband.

"Oh," I say, staring off into space. No wonder I was so hungry. The stupid cute asshole was the one that made me unconscious for 24 hours, and I'm okay with this?!

Apparently, yes.

"Um... Noah?"

"Yes, Ava?" He says and looks at me, annoyed.

"Could I have more pizza?"

He blinks. "Knock yourself out. The box is on the kitchen counter." He replies. "Anything else I can help you with?" He says, looking even more annoyed.

"Nope. I'm fine. Um... Thanks." I walk past him and head towards the kitchen.

I turn around, and I catch him rolling his eyes at me. He walks back to what I think is his room and closes the door.

I guess I interrupted him from something.

I jump up, and I sit on the counter, eating the next slice of pizza. My mind drifts off to my mom and Raymond. They must be worried sick. Usually, on Fridays, my mom would make her famous honey garlic chicken wings and shoestring fries while we wait for Ray to come home. We would then watch a movie together on the big screen, like a big happy family.

I miss them. And I know it's just been 24 hours, but I do miss them.

Saturdays mornings would be my girls and I shopping at the mall. Then in the afternoon, James and I would go to the pond near his house and hang out. He would kiss my cheek once in a while and tell me how much he loves me and...

I can't.

I feel the tears beginning to start up.

God, what did I do to deserve this?

I finish up my pizza, and I get off the counter to wash my plate. Noah enters the kitchen, talking on the phone.

"Yeah... uh huh.. cool. I'll see you soon, bro." He says, and he ends the call.

"Ava, I need you to get some snacks and drinks ready in the living room. My friends are coming over." He says, putting his hands in his pockets.

I turn around facing him. "But, you said that I start work tomorrow, not today?" I say, in a pissed way. Trust me. All I want to do is cry in the corner in my new room. It's the least he can do for kidnapping me.

"Well, I say that you start today. Whatever I say goes Ava. I'm the boss around here."

Stupid cute kidnapper.

I narrow my eyes. "Ok, sire. Your wish is my command." I say sarcastically, and I start looking in the cupboards for snacks.

Noah seems to roll his eyes from the corner of my eye. "Hurry up, please. They'll be here an-" He starts to say, but before he can finish, someone rings the doorbell.

Woah. That was quick.

"I'll be right back," Noah says and leaves the kitchen to answer the door.

I quickly set up the living room with snacks. I grab a six-pack of beer from the fridge, and I add them with the snacks.

"Really? Where is she?" A high-pitched voice says.

I turn around, and a girl is standing right in front of me. She looks like she's in her early twenties. She has dark raven hair, a tattoo of a bird on her arm, several ear piercings and one nose piercing. She also has on a black dress with matching heels and a sweater.

"Hello. My name is Cora. I'm Noah's sister." She says, flashing a smile and extending a hand.

Noah has a sister? Wow.

"Um, hi. I'm Ava. Your brother's.... maid." I say awkwardly, and I shake her hand.

"You're beautiful." She says to me, smiling.

"Um... thanks," I say, blushing.

Noah joins us. "I've seen you've met my sister, Ava." He says, looking at us annoyingly, but I stare at him.

"Bro, you never told me that she was so beautiful," Cora says to her brother.

My face turns red again.

God, I really can't take a compliment.

"W-Well.." He starts to say, but the doorbell rings again, interrupting him.

"That must be the guys," Noah says. He glances at me for a moment and then turns to open the door once again, but this time, for the visitors that he was expecting.