Chapter 2

"What the hell took you guys so long?" Sara asked us while she locked her front door.

"Ava couldn't find her phone," Kelly replies.

"Yeah, sorry," I tell her.

"Oh. That's okay, girl. No worries." Sara says, turning and smiling at me.

"Did you find it?" She asks me.

"Nope," I reply.

"It'll probably show up when you go home later," Kelly suggests, and I shake my head at them. She then starts giving us all the gossip about what's going on at school as we walk.

I stay out of the loop. All I want right now is my phone. I miss my phone. School is going to be so dull. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like doing school work as much as the next girl, but sometimes I want a break from what's happening around me.

God, I can't believe this.

I'll have no Snapchat, no Instagram and no Twitter. No social media for eight hours. Eight freaking hours!

Ugh. Just my luck.

When we reach school, James comes running towards me, and he kisses me.

He just cheered me up, right away, without even knowing.

"Hey, babe. You okay?" He asks, looking at my worried face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say.

Sara and Kelly tell us bye, and they head towards the cafeteria.

"I was trying to call you this morning, but it was like your phone was off because it went straight to voicemail." He says, intertwining our hands together as we walk to my locker.

"I couldn't find it, so I don't have it with me right now, sorry."

"It's okay. I'm pretty sure it's in your room somewhere. You'll find it." He says. He then looks at his watch.

"I got to go. I have football practice." He says.

"Okay."

"Love you." He says, and he kisses me quickly before leaving.

And that was pretty much the highlight of my day.

I did all my usual AP classes, and I had lunch with James, Kelly, and Sara.

When the bell rang, ending the school day, Sara and Kelly were waiting for me at my locker.

"Hey, girl!" They said, with goofy smiles plastered on their faces.

"Okay, what happened?" I sigh, knowing fully well that they did something.

"We got into the school play!" Kelly said excitedly.

"Guys?! That's great!"

"We came here to tell you that we have to stay back for rehearsals. So you're going to have to walk home by yourself." Sara says.

"Yeah, sorry, girl," Kelly says, looking guilty.

"That's fine, you guys. Have fun! When I get home, I'll call you."

If I ever find my phone.

"You sure?" Kelly asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'll talk to you guys later."

"Okay, see you. Bye!" Sara says, hugging me. Kelly also hugs me, and they turn and start walking down the hallway.

I grab my bag from my locker after I stuffed my homework in it. I lock it and head down the stairs and out the school doors.

After walking for what felt like ten minutes, I notice that I'm the only one walking because I see no one around. No cars are passing nearby.

Weird. It looks like everyone's home already. Let me check my...

I then remember that I don't have my phone to check the time.

How convenient.

I continue to walk, and I passed Sara's house.

"Almost home," I whisper to myself.

But as soon as the word "home" leaves my mouth, a hand covers my nose with what seems to be some sort of cloth.

My eyes widen, and I try to scream, but I couldn't. I use my fingers, and I end up scratching and pulling away from the hand on my face.

Then I did what any sane person would do in a situation like this.

I ran like hell.

My bag falls off my back, but I don't care. What I cared about was reaching home, safe and sound, and calling the damn police!

I run straight to my street, not even once turning back.

But before I can even enter my street correctly, a white van pulls up, and a man all dressed in black with a mask on, jumps out the trailer. He comes towards me while I stop running, and I try to back away slowly. As I'm about to turn and make a dash for it, hands grab my waist, and I am hoisted up.

"LET GO! HELP!" I scream, and I see Mrs. Brown, from the first house of our street, run out her front door.

Someone heard me. Thank God.

But it was too late. The man dressed in black took me to the van. He covered my nose with the cloth and jumped into the truck with me in his arms.

My body begins to feel weaker and weaker, and my eyes start to close. I say something to the man. And he replies to me, but my brain isn't processing anything at this point. I don't even think that was what happened.

I then realize that the cloth was laced with some drug.

I've seen enough movies like Taken to know what it was.

Chloroform.

And before my eyes can finally close, the last thought I have in my head was that the day I get kidnapped, is the day I don't have my stupid ass phone to call 911 for help.

Peachy.