Chapter 43

N O A H

"Fuck!" I let out in frustration.

What was I thinking?! I fucking miss her so much! And it's only been a couple of days.

Go get her, tiger.

I leap out of my pool and run inside to change. That's enough separation for us. I'm going to go get back to my girl. I quickly change, not caring that my clothes will now be wet since I didn't dry myself properly.

"Noah!" My sister yells and I jump. I hear the front door close, meaning that she just came.  I quickly run out of my room to see if she's okay.

"Cora, what's wrong?! What did Max do?! I'll kill him." I growl, at the thought of Max hurting my sister. I know we are pals and stuff but I already warned him about Cora.

I was about to run back into the room for my baby, my machine gun when Cora stops me in my tracks by putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No! Max didn't do anything, you dummy! It's Ava!" She says, and I turn around to see her face.

Ava? What did Ava do?

I frown in confusion. "What did Ava do? I was just about to go meet her." I tell her while she looks at me. Colour starts to drain from her face, causing it to be pale.

Now she's scaring me.

"Noah..."

"What Cora?! What?!" I yell at her, trying to get an answer.

"You have to go check up on Ava. Something's wrong." She says, clearly worried. I start to panic now.

"W-What? What do you mean something's wrong?"

"She hasn't been answering my calls for days now and her phone is off."

Oh, shit.

"When was the last time you talked to her?" I ask while turning and rushing to my room, Cora quick on my heels.

"I don't know Noah?! A few days! Shit! Can you go check if she's okay, please?!" She yells at me. I don't take it personally or anything. I know she cares about Ava as much as I do. I nod at her and grab my gun from underneath my bed mattress.

I pass by her and leave the house, jumping into my car and making my way to Ava's place.

***

"Ava?!" I yell while frantically searching all over the apartment. Clearly, something wasn't right when I found the front door open. It also didn't help that her and Elijah's door was the last door at the end of the hallway. Any other of the residents passing by would've noticed that something was wrong and would've called the police if their door was placed somewhere near the others.

I run my fingers through my hair, panicking.

Who the hell would take her?

I growl, knowing just the person who would. I quickly leave as fast as I came, making my way to Marked Industries.

***

"Hello. Do you have an-" The receptionist starts to tell me but I cut her off before she can even finish her sentence.