ch. 9 | school days

Mulai dari awal

"I'm really sorry, we can go eat together tomorrow instead if you want?" He suggests and your lips curved into a smile, "Alright."

-

Wednesday.

You scrolling through your social media in the passenger's seat of Jungkook's car, while Jungkook drives you both to work at BigHit.

As you both carpooled, inside around the car was heard with faint music being played on the radio and occasionally videos playing that you were watching also being heard on your phone. 

Jungkook abruptly speaks, calling out your name. 

You hummed a response, as he proceeds to speak. "You know how I said we would go eat frozen yogurt today since I couldn't yesterday?"

You looked up from your phone, stealing a glimpse of him from your side. "Yeah?"

He hesitated, feeling his hands clamming up, continuing to grip the steering wheel.

"I kind of have plans today too," He says softly, barely audible however you still heard.

It was very noticeable to you on how suddenly tense he got.

"Oh, it's fine. It's not as if we can't hang out any other day," You reason and Jungkook's stiff self, loosens up.

"God, I'm truly sorry. It's just Mia needed help on preparing up this present or whatever and—"

Jungkook's voice began to drown out from your ears once you heard the stylist's name. While you were the one to stiffen up this time, you prayed Jungkook didn't notice.

"—so I'm really glad you're not mad." His voice becoming audible again, being filled with sounds of relief.

You force a smile to him, "Of course I'm not mad, I understand Jungkook."

"And I'm really thankful," He replies, smiling back, glancing at you with the corner of his eye.

"Uh huh," You mutter, turning back to your phone, striving to ease your mind off of the said conversation.

-

Thursday.

"Hey Y/n, you mind giving this to Jungkook?" Jin asks, indicating you a large speaker, which you somehow could recognize that it was his, despite the mass number of speakers he already has.

"He left it in my car last night and I only just realized it when I drove here to work. And I didn't get the time to find him and give it to him. So I'm assuming you could?"

"Of course, if you have the time to," He adds quickly, not wanting to force you.

You nodded at him, "It's okay, it's not a problem." Jin handed you the speaker and you took the object into your hands. 

Thanking you, he left to the recording studio, as you wandered on off trying to find Jungkook somewhere with his speaker in hand.

When you were about to give up and just message him on how you had what was his, fortunately, you found him grabbing a bottle of water from the table. 

You start speed walking over to him before he leaves, "Jungkook, hey!"

Jungkook stops sipping the water from the water bottle and redirected his attention to you. 

"Jin told me you left your speaker in his car and asked me to return it to you," You state, holding up his speaker.

Noticing it, he lightens up on seeing it in your hands.