ch. 7 | little messages

ch. 7 |  little messages

-

Jungkook's somnolent eyes began to open awake, having the first thing to see is the ceiling. Giving out a low yawn, he blinks a few times, observing his surroundings.

Instantly feeling a small pressure on his chest, he was greeted with the sight of your sleeping form nestling up to him unconsciously.

Softening at the sight, Jungkook remembered that he had slept over for the weekly movie night the two of you would have.

The room was filled with your faint snores and the ticking of your clock.

He rolled over his head to have a look at the timepiece. 

1:42 PM.

Having a moment to register, he widens his eyes, on the sudden remembrance of the plans he made today.

Twisting and turning his head around to find his phone, he dug inside the cushions, successfully feeling the hard material on the tip of his fingertips.

Taking it out, he sat up deliberately, being cautious to not interrupt your slumber.

Feeling an abrupt sting in the back of his neck, he rubs it, in attempt to soothe the cramp he felt. Regretting on sleeping in an unfortunate position, with his head resting on the armrest of the sofa for a long period of time.

Forgetting about the sting, he turned on his phone to find two missed calls and unopened messages from the slightly older female stylist.

Messages regarding on where to meet and how she's on her way. Jungkook feeling the sense of guilt, he sent a message on how he's gonna be a tad bit late.

Getting off the couch, he froze in his place when he felt movements from you.

Waiting for a few moments to pass to know for sure you were still asleep, he resumes getting off, more carefully this time, without any signs of waking you up.

Spotting an untouched pillow on the sofa chair, he went to put it under your head, not wanting you to go through the head cramps he had to go through not too long ago.

Noticing a strand of your hair that was placed in front of your face, Jungkook gently sweeps it out, setting it in behind your ear.

With your unconscious self-respond with a light smile, imperceptibly leaning into his touch.

Jungkook let out a little soft smile himself. Having a strange urge to get back on the couch with you and stay a little longer.

However, Jungkook brushes off the feeling away, assuming it was just his sleepy self-trying to convince himself to go back to sleep.

Jungkook brought the blanket that was once below your waist, to your shoulders, having you snuggling into the fabric. 

With one more look at your soft features on your sleeping face, he walked away and headed to your bathroom to hurry and freshen up to try not get even later than he already is.

He stretches out his body, easing out his stiff muscles. 

Looking into the bathroom mirror, he saw a mess of a hair in the reflection.

He chuckled to himself, on how he could bluntly imagine if you were to see the state he's in you would have teased him about how his hair could be used as a bird's nest or something similar to that.

Sighing, but still having a ghost smile on his face, he closed the door to the bathroom and finished himself up.

-