ch. 3 | contagious

ch. 3 | contagious

-

You were in your dance class moreover distracted for the whole day. You were supposed to help some of the students with a few moves that the dance mentor was showing.

But it was useless, you were no help at all. All your mind was filled with was the events that were played recently. The day where Mia was introduced into the company.

You kept recalling those moments of how you saw how dazed Jungkook looked when he was staring at her. How mesmerized he was by her.

Every time you thought about that, your heart began to ache.

You couldn't blame him for staring. It would be a total lie if you were to say that you thought she wasn't beautiful. Because honestly, she was truly beautiful, anyone that was to take one glance at her could have mistaken her as an angel who has fallen from the heavens.

I look like a child compared to her. You thought, having your eyebrows crunch together.

Before you destroy your low self-esteem anymore, someone called out your name.

Breaking out of your depressing thoughts, you looked at the person who called you, which was the dance instructor, Titania.

"You have been spacing out, are you okay?" She asked worryingly.

Titania has been working in the dance company for the longest and you admired her choreographies and dancing for years. To be more in detail, you admired her ever since you saw her dance, which is when you first joined the company.

The two of you were great friends and partners, even though she was six years older than you. If you had any trouble with a dance or move, she would always be the first one in your mind that you'll ask for help.

You had many respects for her and she had many respects for you, so considering she called you out on you spacing out, it got you really embarrassed.

Feeling your cheeks heating up, you ignored the stares and glances from the students. With your calmest and clearest voice you can, you replied to her, "Yeah. I'm fine, it's just school."

You mentally face palmed yourself for your stupidest excuse.

"I thought you said before that you don't go to school anymore?" She raised an eyebrow at you, obviously suspicious of your response.

You already graduated from high school, and everyone knew you weren't going to college either. So it baffles you on how you thought in your brain that it was a good idea to use that as an excuse.

As if you thought your other excuses couldn't get lamer, it did.

"Oh! Sorry, my mind has been jumbled up lately, and I somehow thought I was still going to school. I think it was because I didn't have enough sleep last night!"

Your cheeks were getting redder and redder.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Yeah," You responded, nodding your head frantically, mostly to hide your strawberry face. "You know, adults can have nightmares too!"

"For example, the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz, still give me the creeps, and would sometimes haunt me in my dreams. You know what I mean?" You added.

It couldn't get even worse, but you had to keep your smile on your face.

I want to die.

Titania nodded to you slowly, "Okay, then..." She trailed off.