ch. 9 | school days

ch. 9 | school days

-

Tuesday.

"Okay, let's take a five-minute break here. Everyone go ahead and cool off," The choreographer speaks, on cue, most of the backup dancers walked over to grab a drink or cool off, as some stayed behind to reminisce the following choreography. 

Walking off to the side, you take a huge gulp of your water from your water bottle, as you hear someone call out your name.

Glancing to see it was Taehyung, he was walking over to you with a towel wrapped around his neck, as he wipes off the sweat glistening his forehead.

"What's up?"

"The ceiling," He humors, taking a sip of his own water.

"You're dumb."

He gives you a look, "You made the same exact joke last week."

You were silent for a second before responding back, "No, I didn't."

"You did and you know it," He says, raising an eyebrow at you.

"My jokes are better than that, I would never. I'm pained you think so low of them." 

He lets out a breath, "Instead of the ceiling, you said the sky. It's literally the same."

"Mine was outdoors and yours were indoors. Plus I said it funnier," You remark, attempting to keep your act, without laughing.

Taehyung looks at you as if you were delusional, "You're out of your mind. I question why I'm friends with you, many times, including now."

You couldn't help it anymore and let out a snicker. "I'll take that as a compliment. Because I'll be honest, I feel quite flattered."

He shakes his head with a ghost smile on his face, muttering, "And you say I'm dumb."

You grinned up at him, "Anyways, what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh! I wanted to ask if you wanted to eat some frozen yogurt with me and Jin after," He says, thankful he didn't forget. "And Jin's paying, so that's a plus too," he adds after.

Remembering you didn't have a shift in the dance studio, you accepted his offer. "Yeah, I'm down, but I'm gonna bring my wallet just in case."

Taehyung nods, "You should invite Jungkook too."

"I see what you're doing." You roll your eyes at him, as he smirks at you, shrugging. "It's not as if you were objecting to the idea anyway."

"Shut up," You say, and Taehyung just indicates you to move along. Giving out a sigh, you walk over to Jungkook, who was in the middle of the room, recalling his part of the choreography.

"Hey, Jungkooker," You greet him, as he stops his movements, giving you a small smile.

"What's up?"

"The ceiling," You joke ironically even though he's unaware about you and Taehyung's conversation not too long ago. However, Jungkook only glances at you weirdly.

"You joked something like this last week, I'm pretty sure." You swore you heard Taehyung snort, with him stifling the urge to let out a huge laughing fit.

You ignored your best friend's response in order to protect your precious ego. "So, Jin, Taehyung and I are getting some frozen yogurt after, we wanted to know if you wanted to tag along with us."

Jungkook simply frowns, "Sorry, I actually have something to do after practice."

"It's fine, you're an idol, and of course, it's not an easy job," You say, understanding.