ch. 6 | notifications

-

"Knock, knock!"

Was what you heard, outside your door. 

You opened it to reveal who it was. Though, it didn't take long for you to instantly shut your door.

"Y/n, it's Jungkook!"

"Yeah, I know."

A long pause occurred, with him registering your response.

"Well, can you maybe open your door again, and actually let me in this time?" The person outside shouts loud enough for you to hear, without disturbing the neighbors.

"Oh sorry, I can't tonight!"

"And why not?"

"Because I'm not feeling well tonight, so can we do this next week?" You forge a loud cough right after.

"But you looked completely fine yesterday, plus, you used that excuse last week," Jungkook shouts once more, except it was a little too loud than he intended.

"Be quiet you two! I'll come out and force you to be quiet if I have to!"

Jungkook winces at the angry tone that your next-door neighbor held. "Can you let me in, so we can continue this, without disturbing anyone?" He asks after knocking on your door once more.

Sighing in defeat, you opened your door and let him in your apartment.

"I don't understand why you're faking your sickness whenever it's my turn to pick the movies since we both knew it was gonna happen in eventually," Jungkook states curtly, stepping inside.

Rolling your eyes, you lean your back against on the wall, with your arms crossed. "Can you blame me? All the movies that you picked out—no offense, were straight out terrible."

"Okay, even if you say, 'no offense', I'm still gonna be offended either way so what's the point in saying it," He breathes out, setting down the large pile of DVDs he had in his hands.

"Also, you would always enjoy the movie in the end, terrible or not," he adds, walking into your kitchen.

"And how do you know that for sure?" You follow him in, watching him put a packet of popcorn in the microwave.

"Because you would constantly have that smile at the end of each movie."

You go through the cabinets, taking out a big bowl, "Yeah, for two reasons, to laugh at how shockingly terrible it was or how relieving it was that it finally ended."

"Jeez, when did you start becoming a movie critic?"

"Whenever it was your turn to pick out the movies we watch." You jokingly winked at him, receiving back an eye roll from him.

Hearing the abrupt loud beeping, Jungkook takes out the popped popcorn, dumping the contents in the bowl, while you go through the fridge, taking out two water bottles.

Once you two set down things on the table in the living room, you went to go check the movies that he picked out. You noticed all the movies were all strangely on the topic of either cooking or food related.

"Are you going for some kind of theme this time for the movies?" You questioned, scrolling through all the movies one by one.

Jungkook felt a drop of sweat fall from his face, feeling exposed. "Uhh... Yeah?"

"Can I ask why?"

"No..." He nervously jokes, but you turned your head at him, giving him a look.